Syrio Forel

When Jessica woke, she was sore but it was a good kind of sore. She didn't remeber when she and Jaime finally fell asleep, but she knew it was late into the night.

Jaime was still sound asleep next to her. He had been right. Getting it over the first time would make the wedding night much more enjoyable on her part.

Hands were around her waist. "You're awake." Jaime mumbled, not opening his eyes.

"I didn't mean to wake you." Jessica turned and settled against his chest.

Jaime opened his eyes, "Love, the sun hasn't risen yet." He kissed her forehead, fingers running through her hair. "What's keeping you up?"

"Thinking." Jessica smiled into his chest.

"About?" Jaime looked down at her.

"How you were right?" Jessica's finger was tracing circles on his chest.

Jaime lightly chuckled. "I'm right about many things."

Jessica smacked him playfully. And Jaime had her pinned under him before she could blink.

"Now don't start something you aren't prepared to finish, Little Wolf." He kissed her neck then looked up at her. Jessica held his gaze for just a moment before she pulled him back and let him continue what she just stared.

They were still in bed when the sun came up.

"I was going to ask you..." Jessica began. "If you knew anyone who was descent with a sword."

Jaime leaned up and looked at her curiously. "And who do you think I am? Some beggar down the street.

"Who is good at teaching..." Jessica continued.

"I can teach your brother's. When they come down here of course."

"...a nine-year-old girl." Jessica finished.

"You're sister wants to handle a sword?" He was laughing by the end. "Shouldn't she be concerned with needles and sewing? Dolls and toys?"

Jessica was bursting out laughing, "Thats not my Sister. She's been trying to keep up with the older boys for years."

"I mean if she really wants to...I suppose I don't mind."

"Look I'm good to spend my entire life with you. You go to teach Arya and you'll quit by day three."

"Fine I'll accept that challenge." Jaime seemed determined now.

Two days had passed since they had that conversation. Jessica hadn't been in the Hand's tower, Jaime wanting her in his bed most nights, and Jessica could play coy. But the truth was she simply didn't want to. She'd have enough politics on her hands once they were married. And the wedding was set in just three short weeks.

"Syrio Forel." Jaime sat on the couch next to her.

"Hello Little Wolf, how was your day. Oh you know darling, my day was splendid. I spent it all with your Sister and Father finalizing our wedding details." Jessica turned a page in her book.

"You speak and all I hear is Tyrion." Jaimed blinked at her.

"There's a compliment in there somewhere." Another page turned.

"Syrio Forel." Jaime repeated, taking the book away from Jessica.

"Please tell me when you do the same to Tyrion, he also has a burning desire to hit you." Jessica turned to look at him, and had to put a hand over her mouth to keep from laughing. There was a scratch down the length of one cheek, a purple bruise forming under the opposite eye.

"Syrio Forel. He isn't with the King's Guard or the City Watch. But he's damn well good with a sword."

"I can't believe she smacked you." Jessica beamed, trying to keep a giggle from escaping.

"Twice." He smiled and shook his head. "That child - ."

"Is the most stubborn, head strong, bound and determined to make you question every life choice imaginable. Yes, try living with her for nine years. I had to bribe her to dress like a lady when you lot showed up to the North." Jessica leaned back. "I'll talk to Syrio in the morning."

Jaime shook his head, then scooped her up. "I want a bath."

"Then go take one." Jessica nodded towards the door.

"With you." Jaime added. And that was that, the pair were off.

Syrio Forel was a Braavosi man. Tan skined, dark hair that reminded her of Jon's hair. He was quite the charmer to say the least. Jessica was quite impressed over all. He didn't seem to care that Arya awas young. Or that Arya was a girl. He would train her all the same. It was something that Jessica very well appreciated. He requested that Jessica sit in on their first lesson. Which was all fine on its own. Jessica wanted to see Syrio's skills for herself, and they set a date to begin. Right after the Hand's Tourney.