Chapter 39: The Chain

After a long scene of swinging and slashing, the only thing she got was getting dropped to the ground with a sword up against her neck. Ever since she was given her brother's chain she was practicing on how to use it, but so far all those times of practicing ended up being a huge waste.

Now she was on the ground with ceris standing over her with her blade close to her throat. bending down to give her sister a hand, Ceris helps her up and walks over to the chain that was laying a few feet away from its current user.

Ceris: You've made progress but you only manage to stand it for a few second, i suggest you keep practicing, dear sister.

Abigail: How does he make this thing wrap around someone, i've seen him use this as a hook now its just some plain old rope.

Abigail said dissapointed as she started whipping the metal rope around.

Ceris: I think its because it's trying to find its place within you, This Chain is deeply connected to adam, You just have to try and get use to it

Abigail: Weapons aren't alive, Ceris. Their just objects, they cant think or move on their own

Ceris: Dont say that, My great sword always responds to me when i call out to it and your Ender spear does the same. Wasn't there a movie that you and Adam, liked watching. more?, Thor!. He has a hammer that responds to him everytime he calls out to it.

Abigail: That's different ceris, Those are weapons created for the one their meant for. They dont just respond to someone they dont know.

Ceris sighed and put a hand on her shoulder

Ceris: Abi, stop looking down all day. Grandma and Adam are depending on us, Today this war is no longer about the nether horde, Its about the faction that's way stronger then both us, The frostbourne and the nether horde. You just have to find it in you

Ceris walks away

Ceris: I wish you good luck sister.

Abigail looked towards the chain and Ceris, She knew that adam dint want her sister to look so unconfident. If this was her brother's weapon then she could do it to, She though to her self. She runs off to find someone to train with.

(Later)

Hilda: SO you want to spar with me, to try and increase your experience with your brothers chain

Abigail: Yes, your adam's best friend or atleast that's what i've been knowing.

Hilda: (Giggle) No worries, Abi. Me and adam go back a little while and were already close friends and comrades. I would be happy to help you create some connection with his weapon.

(later)

The two of them start sparring at the outside of azura's out door lab with azura herself watching while creating some more weapons, Abigail got behind hilda and wrapped the chain around her neck.

Hilda: (tapping out) Woah, woah, woah, hold on a sec. Adam would never do that in a sparring match. He knows that it may be sometimes severe towards some people.

Abigail: Oh my bad, i dint know.

As they continue to spar, Abi tried to get hilda again, Only to be flipped on her back. losing the chain in the proccess. Hilda helps her up, but the chain lands a couple feet away from her. Much to abi's horror, the chain lost some of its links.

Abigail: No

Abigail silently said as she dropped to her knees

Hilda: Now, now. Im pretty sure we can forge this back together