Chapter 38: Assasination

Mostly made by Eneri_Was_Here

1 week after the events of "Back Into the Darkness".

the following days had been rather peaceful. no Nether camps were spotted. No new info on the Nether. or any news of Eneri's brother Mokaso. it's been rather too peaceful. the End queen, Ceris, and survivors of the war had fully recovered and the Frostbourne held a ceremony in their honor.

Patrick: My Comrades,  Allies, Friends. we are here today to commemorate the deaths of those who fought valiantly in war but still lost their lives to these new Enemies. and such. we are gathered here to know they are in a better place where war is non-existent. 

Frostbourne person: HOW DO WE KNOW THAT THAT NETHERKIN HERE IS GOING TO BETRAY US?!?!

Frostbourne Person: YEAH HOW CAN WE TRUST HER?!!!? SHE'S RELATED TO THAT MONSTER!! HOW DO WE KNOW SHE ISNT GOING TO TURN ON US AND KILL US ALL LIKE THE MONSTERS THEY ARE?!!?

Frostbourne person: HOW DO WE KNOW SHE ISNT A NETHER SPY WAITING TO ATTACK AT OUR MOST VULNERABLE MOMENT?!!?

 Azura: Everybody calm down. Eneri is our ally and friend. she's made it clear she wants to stop the Nether's reign. she's risked her life in the Nether just for our benefit and to increase our military power.

Lyria: and how about being in her shoes for a moment?! just hearing people she has sworn to help, talking as if she's a monster just like the Nether?! has everything she did not matter to you?! do you really see her as a heartless monster?! She's been through so much yet you act as if you've been through worse than her!!

Azura: Lyria. step down for a moment. Eneri wouldn't like it if you're telling people about what she has been through. remember. she likes to keep her past personal.

Lyria: i-.... i'm sorry.

after the ceremony had finished, Adam decided to go to the café Eneri works at. she had asked everyone if she could take a break for some time so the café isn't in top shape now. the owner who's very old had insisted to him that he doesn't need help to run the café thinking that protecting the frostbourne is much more important than helping an old man run a small café shop.

as Adam walks to the shop he notices the Café being quite crowded. has Eneri finished her break and is back to working at the café? questions filled Adam's head as he walked to the cafe. he opens the cafe door to see a person around his age working at the cafe. he had dark purple hair and green eyes that made it look like he was an Enderkin. 

Adam: umm hello?

???: hm? oh hello! please take a seat and what would you like to order?

Adam: oh! hi and i guess i'll order some teriyaki.

???: okay then! i'll start making your order momentarily!

Adam: and who are you? i believe i haven't seen another enderkin.

???: oh. one of my parents are Enderkins so yeah.

Adam: oh and what's your name?

???: *smiles* my name is Sen.

Adam POV:

and just like that this new Enderkin named Sen walked to the kitchen to start making the food. i watched as he came in and out of the kitchen to deliver the food that was ordered before him and plates that were used to be cleaned. as i was scrolling through my social medias i didn't notice Sen had placed the bowl of teriyaki infront of me. i placed my phone back into my pocket and started eating the food i usually ordered in the café. 

...

that's weird.