Chapter 8

Once you arrive back from your trip to the U.S. Air Force Base Camp, you were looking for Bucky. You texted him a couple times, but did not receive any response.

Hey, I'm headed back.

I'm here!

Where are you?

"Hmm," You hum under your breath, curious as to what he's doing since he usually responds fairly quick.

You walk into the building and head up to your room first. You walk in and take your clothes off. You wipe your makeup off and quickly wash your face. Then, you put on some yoga pants and a sports bra, with the hope that Bucky still wanted to train with you like he said.

You walk out of your room and head down the hall to knock on Bucky's door.

No response.

Where could he be?

You head downstairs to the kitchen and find Nat and Wanda lounging in the living room.

"Hey, have you guys seen Bucky?" You ask.

"No, why?" Nat asks, with a smirk on her face.

"He told me when I came back we would train together, but I can't find him." You say.

"Did you try texting him?" Wanda asks.

"Yes, multiple times, but no response." You say, slightly concerned of his whereabouts.

"Hmmm...Try checking the gym. If he's not in his room, then he should be there." Nat responds.

"Okay, thanks." You say turning around heading towards the elevator.

You go down a couple levels and reach the gym. You step out of the elevator and walk towards the gym. You see Bucky punching on a punching bag. Without a shirt.

Oh lord help me.

"Hey," You say, trying to get his attention. He doesn't seem to hear you because he continues to hit the punching bag. You step closer to the front where he can see you and you repeat yourself, "Hey."

He finally realizes you're there and stops punching. "Hey." he says so low you barely hear him. He doesn't make eye contact as he says it.

"Is everything okay? I texted you a couple times and you didn't answer." You say out of concern.

"Oh, sorry." He says before he downs the rest of his water.

"I'm not asking you to to apologize, I just want to know that you're okay." You say with a sweet tone, taking a couple steps closer to him. You notice him take a couple steps back as you neared him, sensing something is very wrong. "Bucky?" You say, noticing his change in demeanor.

"I-Look. I know I said we would train, but we can't." Bucky finally musters out. He re-wraps his hands to start punching the bag again.

"W-What? Why not? Did I do something wrong?" You ask with a frown on your face, and fold your arms together.

He picks up that you suddenly feel like it's your fault, and now he feels bad. "No!" He clears his throat at the sudden volume, "No." he says lower. "I just don't think we should be training together. That's all." He says.