Chapter 3

After Tony sent you to bed, he started pacing the floor in his lab. He can't stop thinking about what the other members of the team will think about him inviting a stowaway from Hydra to stay the night at the compound. He's worried the other members won't trust you.

He also doesn't really know why he trusted you not to murder everyone in their sleep, but he felt how scared you were, which gave him the feeling you needed help.

Tony started turning on his computers, searching the web about your Explosive Behavior Disorder. After he learned more about it, he came across an article from 15 years ago. He opened the article that read "The Worst Case of Explosive Behavior Disorder in History." He started to read about a 10 year old girl who violently hit a young boy because he wouldn't let girls play baseball. He learned that the boy refused to let her play which further angered her. Once he read that the girl beat him with a baseball bat, his eyebrows perked up.

"Oh, shit" he says softly.

He further learned about her being put into a mental facility to help her recover, and when the article showed a picture of the young girl he immediately knew who it was. It was a picture of you and your family before the incident. The article then goes on about how the young girl went missing after only a couple days of being at the mental facility, and no one had any clue what happened, stating that it's still a mystery to this day. According to this article, it was a pretty big deal, especially considering it happened in such a small town in Colorado.

He realizes that Hydra were the ones who kidnapped you from the facility. He let out a deep sigh as he closed the article and pinched the bridge of his nose. He then popped his head up, coming up with an idea on how to help you. He started creating blueprints for the design that he hoped would help you.

He kept working until about nine in the morning when he realized he promised to come get you. He started rushing up the stairs to get to you when he was stopped by Bucky.

"Hey, we need to talk," Bucky said to Tony.

"I'd love to, but I'm kinda busy right now" Tony responded as he tried to go around him, impatiently trying to get to you.

Bucky rolled his eyes and put his hand out to stop Tony, "I'm serious," he said sternly.

"So am I!" Tony whines.

"You didn't let me on the mission yesterday because it was the base I was held at. Why?" Bucky says coldly.

"What? That's not true" Tony said, rolling his eyes.

"Steve told me, don't lie," Bucky says.

"Ughhh...Of course he did," Tony says, rolling his eyes at the golden haired pushover.

"Tell me!" Bucky demands.

"Alright, alright" Tony says, putting his hands up in defense, "I didn't want anything bad to happen, like...you know?"

"What?" Bucky asks.

"I didn't want you going all 'Winter Soldier' on everyone" Tony says quickly.

"You mean you still don't trust me?!" he shouts.

"That's not what I meant!" Tony yells.

"Then tell me what you mean! Because, I got that part of me taken away in Wakanda, so tell me!" Bucky yells back.

"Because the people who did that to you were supposed to be there! I didn't want them fucking with your head and then have another incident, it just wasn't worth the risk!" Tony yells.

Bucky gives him a cold stare, clenches his jaw, and walks back upstairs to his room, angry that Tony still doesn't trust him. He wonders if the rest of the team feels the same way, especially since they agreed to keep the mission a secret from him.