Chapter 23

Hey guys!
Sorry, I know it's been awhile since I've updated this book. I've just been working so much!! But also I was hesitant to start writing the ending because I wanted it to be perfect, I hope you guys like the way I end this book!!

•••

"God, Steve, I'm so nervous." Bucky inconspicuously murmured under his breath as to not let his anxiety be known to everyone in the room.

Steve chuckled and shook his head at his best friend. When they were kids, Steve never thought that one day he'd be the one calming Bucky's nerves; it had always been the other way around. "Relax, punk. Everything is fine. She's probably just as nervous as you." Steve leaned over to whisper his best friend some comforting words.

"I don't think anyone is as nervous as me right now." Bucky straightened the sleeves of his tux and fidgeted with the collar due to being so anxious.

•••

"Wow, y/n." Nat says, eyeing you up and down in your dress. She wolf whistles and you begin to blush. "You look gorgeous."

"Think so?" You ask, needing the reassurance from your friend.

"Definitely." Nat says and Wanda nods her head in agreement.

You nod your head and give yourself one more glance in the mirror before turning around and making your way to the grand room.

"Don't forget this." Wanda hands you your bouquet, filled with your favorite flowers, and you gladly take them from her.

"Thanks." You take a deep breath, close your eyes and begin to walk down a hall. Tony is patiently waiting behind the big mahogany doors that lead out to the aisle. He hears the soft tap of your heels coming down the hall and he turns to see you in your elegant wedding gown.

You were hesitant about asking Tony to walk you down the aisle, because you know he isn't your father, but he's been the closest thing to one in a long time. He gratefully accepted, telling you it would be an honor. He would never tell you, but after you asked him, a couple of tears escaped his eyes. Ever since he'd met you, he felt the need to make sure you were okay and that you had everything you needed. He had always treated you as his own and he promised himself he always would.

Tony took a deep breath, glancing away for a second, trying not to cry in front of you, "You look beautiful, y/n." He clears his throat, "He's not gonna know what hit him." He chuckled softly, and you smiled.

Your eyes begin to water at the sight of him being so emotional, "Thank you for everything, Tony. You brought me into this family, and I will always be grateful for that."

Tony wraps his arms around you and you rest your chin on his shoulder, trying your best not to ruin your makeup by crying. "I should be the one thanking you for bringing us all closer together." He says, referring to him and Bucky. He probably would never have given Bucky a chance if it wasn't for you.

Tony allows one silent tear to roll down his cheek before he breaks the hug and offers you his arm to walk the aisle. "But, seriously, if he hurts you, I will not hesitate to drop him in the middle of the atlantic ocean and leave him to drown." Tony jokes, trying to lighten the mood. You shake your head at his crude joke as you both let out a small chuckle. You take his arm and take another deep breath before the large doors open.

•••

Bucky's breath hitches when the large mahogany doors creak to open. The moment those doors open to reveal you in your beautiful dress with the cutest smile on your face, Bucky has trouble catching his breath. Tears prick at his eyes and he finally huffs out the breath he's been holding in. He tries to keep himself from grinning like an idiot but he can't help it the more you make your way closer to him. Once you step up next to him in front of everyone, he doesn't even try to conceal the tears in his eyes.