Chapter 9

TW: This is your warning! Non-consent/ sexual assault mentioned.

After several hours spent in your room, you head downstairs to have dinner. You're hoping that the awkwardness from your conversation earlier with Bucky is now gone. You walk into the kitchen where you see Steve making Spaghetti.

"Wow, Steve! I didn't know you could cook." You say.

"You should probably taste it before you say that." Sam teases, and Steve just sends him a glare. "What? It's true."

"Says the guy who almost burnt down the compound because he left the cookies in the oven." Nat defends him.

"Whoa. Hold up. I did not almost burn down the compound, that's a bit dramatic." Sam says.

You just laugh at the conversation and grab yourself a glass of water.

You all serve yourselves a plate of pasta and sit down at the table. You're the last one to serve yourself, which means you're also last to sit at the table. The only seat left was one next to Bucky. You flash a smile and he gives you a small one back before you sit next to him.

"Oh my god, y/n!" Nat says, directly across from you.

"What?"

"You never told me how you're date went?" She exclaims.

Bucky shifts in his seat, uncomfortable with the topic of conversation.

"Wait what?! You had a date and you didn't tell me?" Wanda gasps.

Your cheeks start to get a little rosy since you're embarrassed from Nat bringing up your date.

"It was okay." You say.

"Okay?!" Nat says, with a very skeptical look on her face.

"Awe, that's okay. Sometimes they just don't work out." Wanda says.

"I didn't say it was bad," You say, with a hint of confusion in your tone.

"Y/n. If you guys were meant to be, you wouldn't be coming home saying it was 'okay'." She snorts.

I would make sure she was the happiest girl in the world. This guy clearly has no idea what he's got in front of him. Bucky thinks.

"He may have just been nervous." Steve comments, which makes Bucky angry, but he also knows he's just trying to be nice.

Nat just rolls her eyes at the whole 'meant to be' thing, "I agree with Steve. Try again, and if it doesn't work out then you can call it off. But I suggest you try again."

You nod your head, just wanting the conversation to be over.

After everyone finishes their food, you all retreat to your bedrooms for the night.

You slip on a black tank top and some comfy shorts for bed. You get under the sheets, but you are unable to fall asleep. You toss and turn, trying to find a comfortable position, but you're just restless.

After about two hours, of trying to sleep, you finally get some shut-eye. That is, until you hear some strange noises coming from the room down the hall. You were woken up by the sounds of someone screaming and banging things around.

Bucky.

You rush out of your bed and run towards his room. You knock, but he continues to scream. It sounds like he's in pain so you bust through. You see him in the corner of his room, curled up, and screaming as he rocks himself back and forth. You notice that he broke the chair to his desk, pieces of it scattered along the floor.