Chapter 16

*TW: Self-harm/suicidal thoughts*

After you ran into Loki in the kitchen that one night, you kept your distance from him since he gave you some weird vibes. You weren't really sure why he gave you the creeps, nevertheless, you stayed away.

It was December 23rd, and Tony was throwing a Christmas Eve party tomorrow night. You sat in your room, cuddled up with Bucky while you both read your own books. You appreciated the company even if you weren't actively doing something with him. You both simply enjoyed each other's presence.

"Hey, y/n!" Nat yelled, running down the hallway and into your room.

It caught you both by surprise since you were both so invested in what you were reading, you weren't expecting Nat to come bursting in the room.

"Knock much?" Bucky mumbled, to which Nat just rolled her eyes.

"Yes?" You ask, a quizzical look on your face as you eyed the redhead.

"We need to go shopping for a dress for you to wear tomorrow night!" She pulls on your legs trying to get you out of bed, "C'mon!" She whines.

"Okay, okay," You raise your hands in surrender and place the book you were reading on the night table next to you.

"Okay, I'll be in the lobby waiting," Nat leaves the room.

You get out of bed and kiss Bucky on the forehead, "I'll be back soon, hopefully," and then you change into some jeans and a black crop top with a green mesh cover. You slip on some black boots and grab your purse.

"I love you!" Bucky calls out before you leave the room.

"Love you, too!" you say and then make your way downstairs to the lobby.

•••

After you left with Nat, Bucky quickly got up from your bed, put up his book, and ran to Wanda's room. He knocked on her door quickly and was anxiously waiting for her to answer her door.

Come on, Wanda, answer the door.

The door opens with a confused looking Wanda on the other side.

"Bucky?" She says, confused as to what Bucky is doing at her bedroom door.

"I need your help with something really important,"

•••

Bucky and Wanda both walk out of the elevator and into the kitchen when they came back from shopping together. Bucky needed some help on picking out a gift for you.

"I hope she likes it," Bucky mumbles as he fidgets with the velvet box that holds your present.

"Are you kidding? She's gonna love it!" Wanda exclaims. She notices Bucky's nervous demeanor and puts her hand on his shoulder to comfort him, "Don't worry, she'll say yes."

Unbeknownst to both Bucky and Wanda, Loki was creeping the corner and overheard their conversation. He knew he had to do something quick to get his hands on you.

After he saw Bucky retreat to his room, he heard the elevator doors open down the hall. Out walked you and Nat who just came back from finding the perfect dresses for the Christmas Eve party.

"I'm gonna go change really quick, I'll meet you in the kitchen," Nat says to you, as she heads to her room.

You didn't notice Loki who was watching you from the down the hall next to the kitchen. As you neared the kitchen, Loki quickly devised a plan to make you his. He quickly disguised himself as Bucky using his magic. He walked into the kitchen, seeing Wanda making herself lunch as she pulled out ingredients for a sandwich. Once Loki knew you had walked into the kitchen, he quickly grabbed Wanda by the waist and kissed her passionately.