Chapter 6

It's been a week since you and Bucky talked in the gym that day. Ever since, you and Bucky have gotten to know each other a little bit more each day. Every morning, you and Bucky would go running together, and he was surprised to see you be able to keep up with him.

Today, after your run, you and Bucky walk into the main kitchen area to get some water. You both were laughing really hard at something Bucky said. Steve, Sam, Nat, and the twins were in the kitchen eating breakfast.

"He threw up?!" You laugh, not noticing everyone else in the room.

"Yeah," Bucky chuckles.

"Did you tell her about Coney Island?" Steve asks suspiciously.

"Yup," Bucky said popping the 'p'. Steve just glares at Bucky before rolling his eyes.

"Oh, Steve, but it's so funny!" You say.

"Not at the time, no." Steve mumbles.

You and Bucky look at each other and continue snickering.

"What's going on here?" Tony says entering the room, Clint following close behind him.

"Nothing!" You and Bucky say simultaneously.

"They're making fun of me," Steve says shaking his head.

"Oh! Well don't let me stop you," Tony smirks, to which Steve rolls his eyes for the tenth time. "Oh! Before I forget, I'm throwing us a little party tonight, to officially congratulate Y/n on joining the team."

"A 'little party'?" Nat scoffs, "Yeah right, the whole city will be here!"

The idea of hundreds of people being at that party tonight makes you a little nervous and you look over at Tony, hoping that isn't true.

"Whatever, it'll be fun! I can finally get drunk!" Tony cheers. He grabs a plate of pancakes.

"When have you ever needed a reason to get drunk?" Bucky remarks, causing you to giggle. Hearing you laugh made his heart flutter, especially since he was the one to make you laugh.

"Rude!" Tony says with a mouth full of pancake. After he swallows his food, he continues, "Anyways, you'll need to dress nicely, don't be coming to the party in sweats. I'm looking at you, Barnes!"

Bucky opens his mouth in an attempt to defend himself, but then he gives up and rolls his eyes as he crosses his arms.

•••

After breakfast, you, Wanda, and Nat went shopping for something to wear to the party tonight. You guys have been to three different stores, and nothing has really caught your eye.

"Oooh! Y/n! Look at this dress!" Nat pulls out a dress from the rack and holds it in front of your body.

"Oh wow, that one's pretty! Let me try it on." you say grabbing the dress and heading into one of the dressing rooms.

As soon you walk out, Nat wolf whistles at you and Wanda gasps.

"Hot damn!" Nat exclaimed.

"You look gorgeous! That's definitely the one!" Wanda shrieked.

•••

As soon as you arrived at the compound, you had to start getting ready for the party. You styled your hair to your liking and applied a light makeup look. You doused your lips in a shiny gloss, making your lips look absolutely delectable.

You slip on the dress you bought earlier and for the first time in your life, you feel pretty. You smile as you twirl around looking at every inch of your body in the dress. The dress perfectly hugged your beautiful curves and it exposed your back, making you look that much more attractive. The sleeves were long but exposed your shoulders. The dress was a little shorter than you anticipated but you're hoping tonight won't require you to move around a whole lot.