Chapter 4

As you walked down the hall, you saw the conference room just up ahead and followed Tony.

As soon as you walked in, everyone had their eyes on you, which made you extremely nervous. When Bucky looked at you, he was surprised to find that you were so tiny. He almost smiled when you walked in, but then stopped himself.

"This is y/n. Everyone say hi" Tony says.

There was a collective group of 'hello's' and 'hi's'. You just waved and let a small smile creep onto your face. Bucky thought it was adorable.

You were so nervous, that you started to dig your nail into your arm behind you, so no one could see, or so you thought.

You noticed one man in particular. He had a metal arm, shaggy brown hair, and the bluest eyes you've ever seen. You noticed he was staring at you, and when you looked back at him, he averted his eyes to the ground.

Tony guides you to sit down, ironically, right next to the metal-armed man, which makes you even more nervous.

As you sat down, Bucky got a waft of the strawberry scented shampoo in your hair and a small smile begged to creep on his lips.

"Okay, we're going to start introducing ourselves" Tony starts talking like he's a kindergarten teacher. "I'm Tony aka Iron Man, but you know that already" and he points to Nat.

"Natasha, but you can call me Nat," she says with a small smile.

You nod your head and everyone starts saying their name as they go down the table.

"I'm Clint," he says with his arms crossed.

"I'm Bruce" the nerdy man waves at you, realizing he's the friend Tony was talking about.

"Hello, I'm Vision," the pink faced robot looking man says.

"And, I'm Wanda, and this is my twin Pietro" She says with a huge grin on her face as she nudges her head to the blonde guy who winks at you. Unbeknownst to you, Bucky clenches his jaw at the sight.

"Sam Wilson, The Falcon" the man smiles at you.

You look over at the blonde man next to Sam, "Steve Rogers" he salutes. Instantly, you recognize him.

You let out a small gasp, "Captain America!" you laugh and he nods his head with a warm smile.

"What?! You recognized him, but not me?" Tony whines, "How?!"

Everyone starts laughing and you finally reply, "I didn't live under a rock, Tony" you say as you roll your eyes and laugh. You remember hearing about Captain America when you were young, you suddenly are confused as to how he's here and alive...and young.

"Wait...I thought you died?" You say looking at Steve.

"No, I was in the ice for about 70 years. Some people found me, and the serum kept me alive," he says.

"Oh, okay. I'm going to pretend I understood everything you just said" You say with a giggle. Everyone laughs at your joke, especially Steve.

Finally, you look at the man next to you, and he introduces himself. "I'm Bucky, pleasure to meet you" he says, extending his flesh arm to shake your hand.

Without hesitating, you shake his hand and smile, "Nice to meet you too". He stares at you for a little while longer, which intimidates you, before he turns his attention to Tony.

"So, we're going to be helping her adjust to living here, guys." Tony speaks up.

"What can you do?" Nat asks, curious.

Before you could respond, Tony interrupts, "She can punch you in the face and kick you in the stomach really fucking hard" Tony says.

"You're still salty about that?" You say, amused at his behavior.