Chapter 5

The following morning, you wake up around 9 am. You notice that you're in your bed and you don't remember getting in it. The last thing you remember from last night was watching Die Hard, after that it's a blur.

Maybe I went to my room and I just don't remember.

After all, you were really tired with everything that's been going on.

You got up and headed to the bathroom. You brushed your teeth and then went downstairs to find Tony. You find him in the kitchen along with Nat and Steve. They are all standing around the kitchen island drinking coffee.

"Hey, Tony?" you say.

"Yeah, what's up kid?" He responds before he takes a sip of his coffee.

"I'm going to need some more clothes...you know other than this," you say, pulling at the Black Sabbath shirt you're wearing.

"Right, umm..." Tony says.

"You can borrow some of my clothes until we can go shopping." Nat interjects with a smile.

"Okay, thanks." You smile back.

"Anyways, I'm glad you're here because I wanted to talk to you about training." Tony says.

"Training? For what?" You ask as you grab the coffee that Tony just poured for you.

Tony pauses for a moment, "We think you would be a valuable asset to this team. Plus, I talked to Fury about it earlier and he agrees." Tony explains.

"Fury?" You say confused.

"He's kind of like our boss." Steve explains and you nod your head.

"He agrees? Even with...my past?" you say the last part more quietly.

"Yep." Tony replies.

"Are you sure?" you ask, not believing that someone would trust you to start training with the freaking Avengers. "I thought you were just going to help me with my...issues, not recruit me."

"We're sure. We know you went through hell and back. That shit only makes you stronger," Tony says, "I know you'll be a great member of the team."

"Yeah, but...I don't want to hurt anyone and I-"

Tony interrupts you, "You won't. At least not anything we can't handle" Tony says smiling. "Look, I hope you don't mind but I told Steve and Nat about your situation," he gestures at your wrists, "because they'll be the ones training you most of the time and part of it is controlling your rage. They promised not to say anything to anyone else."

You sigh in defeat. "Okay. Yeah...It's fine"

Tony puts a hand on your shoulder, "You'll start training with Steve today." He can see the worried look on your face and gives you a sympathetic smile, "You're gonna do great, kid."

Tony walks out of the room and you look over at Steve and Nat who just look at you with a comforting smile. There's a long awkward silence.

"Um...I'm going to need to change before we start." You say, rinsing your coffee mug in the sink.

"Sure, let me show you to my room and you can borrow something." Nat says gesturing to the hall.

"Sure, okay." You're still really nervous, and they can tell.

You and Nat go upstairs to her room so you can borrow some workout clothes. Once you enter her room, you don't really know what to do so you just stand there awkwardly. Nat starts digging through her closet to find something for you to wear.

"You're a lot smaller so I'm not sure if this will fit, but it's the smallest thing I have." Nat says handing you some black leggings and a black sports bra.