Chapter 17

After Loki finished up your stitches, you took a very long nap. Bucky did open your door to check on you, but he smiled at your figure under the sheets and let you continue sleep. He still doesn't know that you're mad at him, completely oblivious to Loki's little scheme.

Once you woke up from your nap, it was late as the moonlight gently seeped in through the curtains by your window. You huffed as you sat up, your whole face feeling swollen from all the crying you'd done. Tears started pouring again as you remembered what happened earlier. Your heart hurts so much. You felt completely betrayed and fooled. You really believed he loved you, and despite what you think he did to you, you still loved him, which made you angry.

Your stomach grumbled, and you realized you hadn't eaten anything since this morning. You pull the sheets off of you, stepping out of the bed and tossing some sweatpants and a tank top on.

You check the time on the digital clock that sits at your nightstand and it reads 10:03. You know that Bucky rarely sleeps, so your hoping that he's not out and about and you accidentally run into him, you don't think you could handle seeing his face right now. You can't get that image of him kissing Wanda out of your head.

You slowly open your door, trying not to make a sound as you make your way downstairs in search of some food. You finally get to the kitchen and see an apple in the fruit bowl. You wash the apple and then take a big bite out of it.

"Late night snacking, huh?" A voice behind you says, humor coating their tongue.

Shit.

You finish the bite in your mouth and turn around to face Bucky. You can see the amusement on his face as he watches you.

"Yeah," you mumble, walking towards the stairs to go to your room.

Bucky immediately caught on to your mood, brows furrowing in concern. He follows you, catching you before you make your way upstairs.

"Hey, wait," Bucky stops in front of you, worry plastered on his face.

Damn it. I should've taken the elevator.

You glare at him before you step around him, making your way up to your room.

"What's wrong, Doll?" He says.

The sound of the nickname he gave you almost sent you to tears.

"Don't call me that anymore," you huffed, continuing your commute up the ridiculously long stairs.

"W-What?" Now he's really confused, "Y/n, what are you talking about?"

"Don't act like you don't know, Buck!" You whip your head around to face him, the frown on his face almost making you want to forgive him. "I saw you!"

"Saw me what?!" He asks, gesturing his hands around genuinely confused at the situation.

"I saw you with Wanda!" You confront, "Thought I wouldn't find out huh?"

Bucky's heart sinks. She doesn't want to marry me? Tears well up in his eyes. "I-I'm sorry, i-is it because it was Wanda or-or..." He stutters, hoping she's not saying what he thinks she's saying. "I-I know it wasn't something we discussed but I thought you were ready...I don't know..." he tries to grab your hand but you yank your arm away.

"What?! Are you kidding me?!" You yell, upset that he thought it was so casual, "I'm not that kind of girl, Bucky."

Bucky swallows the lump in his throat and fights the tears begging to escape. "I'm sorry,"

"It's too late for that," You say, not really wanting it to end between you too, but he hurt you too much.

You press on your ring to shock you, your anger building up again. Bucky's eyes flit to your right arm, noticing the bandages and stitches.