Chapter 7

The next morning, you felt like absolute shit. You were so drunk last night, you can barely remember coming up to your room. As you sit up in your bed, you remove the sheets draped over your body and head to your bathroom. You get in the shower and let the hot water stream down your back. You start to remember a dream you had last night where you were kissing Bucky. It gave you butterflies just thinking about it.

Ugh. If he knew what I was thinking, he'd think I'm so pathetic.

Over just a few weeks, you've grown really close to Bucky. You'd always been attracted to him, but after what you think is a dream, you started to crush hard.

It felt so real.

You wash your hair and body and then get out of the shower. You apply some lotion and moisturizer and then throw some clothes on. A white tank top and grey sweatpants.

You head downstairs to the kitchen, wondering if anyone else is up and moving. As soon as you enter the kitchen, Nat, Wanda, Sam, and Bucky stop what they're doing and begins to stare at you with smirks on their faces.

"What?" You ask, genuinely confused.

"You don't remember last night?" Nat asks in shock.

"Um I guess it depends on what part?" You say, pouring yourself a cup of coffee.

"Well, what do you remember?" Wanda asks.

"I remember drinking, dancing..." You take a moment to think, "I remember us sitting on the couches, talking? I don't know. It's all a blur." You say.

Bucky realizes you probably don't remember kissing him in the game of Truth or Dare. It makes his heart slightly drop, since he hoped you'd remember, because he will never forget that kiss. It rocked his world.

Nat and Wanda start giggling and Sam just shakes his head with a smile on his face.

"What?" You say, worried you may have done something to embarrass yourself, "Ugh, what did I do?" you groan.

Before Nat and Wanda could answer you, Tony walks into the kitchen calling your name. You whip your head around to face Tony with a curious look on your face.

"I need you to do something for me." Tony says and you nod your head.

Before you follow Tony to his office, you whisper to Nat and Wanda, "This isn't over."

Once you enter Tony's office, he gestures at a seat, motioning you to sit down.

"Is everything okay?" You ask, noticing his serious demeanor.

"Everything's fine." He lies. He's hoping you forgot the fact that you kissed Bucky last night, since he worries something might come of it. "I need you to take this to an old friend of mine" He says, handing you a briefcase.

"I'm not transporting drugs, am I Tony?" You say jokingly.

"No," He smiles softly, "Inside are files about my experiments/discoveries of my suit. There's some information about how to construct certain parts of the suit." He explains.

"Oh" you say, realizing how important the information your holding is, "If this gets lost, couldn't this be dangerous?" You ask Tony.

"Don't worry, it's only the basis of the suit, no weaponry. My friend is a high ranking officer in the United States Air Force. He's building a team of people who can safely use my inventions for good."

"Oh. Okay. What's his name?" You ask.

"James Rhodes. Just ask for Colonel Rhodes and tell them I sent you." Tony says patting your shoulder. "I have a car downstairs set to leave in a little less than an hour, so you may want to get ready." He says looking at your sweatpants.