ꕥ The Deal ꕥ

Cheng
Normal- Chinese/ Mandarin
Italics- thoughts
Bold- English

Edited

November 20, 2009

Cheng was putting his jacket on when his phone buzzed.

Vanessa ☮︎︎☀︎︎
We're outside

He put his phone away and walked down the stairs with his book bag. He walked through the kitchen and grabbed an apple and a bottle of water. His mother was standing in the kitchen, drinking a cup of coffee.

"Alright mom. I'm going to school"  Cheng said as he walked towards the door.

"Where's my kiss" Jing called out making Cheng groan as he opened the door for Vanessa and Emiko.

"Mom no" he whined. Jing had a slightly hurt expression on her face.

"Alright. Go on" she said. Cheng paused and walked back to the kitchen. He kissed his mother's cheek and gave her a hug.

"Love you" He said as he walked away.

"I love you too" Jing called back with a smile, making Cheng smile too.

"And I love you too Cheng" Emiko said making kissing faces at Cheng. He rolled his eyes and pushed her away.

"Get away from me Zhao" Cheng said as Emiko laughed.  They walked up to school while laughing and talking. Emiko went to her class while Cheng and Vanessa stood against the wall. Suddenly, Vanessa perks up.

"Kiara!" She yells. Cheng quickly became alarmed as he saw Kiara walking towards him.

"Why are you calling her over?" Cheng said.

"I need to ask her something" Vanessa said with a mischievous look on her face.

"I'm gonna leave" Cheng said.

"No. Don't be stupid and don't embarrass me" Vanessa said at Kiara reached them.

"Hey. Hello Cheng" Kiara said. She would usually look at him in disgust but she had a neutral look on her face.

She acknowledged my existence....weird but ok

"Hi Kiara" Cheng said.

"I wanted to know if you had any plans this weekend" Vanessa said.

"I was gonna stay home and watch Chinese soap operas. Dre's going out with Harry and his friends and my mom has work so I'm gonna be home by myself" Kiara said casually. Cheng felt bad for her since she'd be alone.

"That's super depressing" Cheng said before he could catch himself. By the time he realized what he said, Kiara is glaring at him and Vanessa is pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Thanks dickhead. I knew that" Kiara said

Well it is.

"Do you want to come hang out with us?" Vanessa asked. Cheng's eyes widen a bit after hearing that. He didn't expect Vanessa to mix Kiara up with their other friends given how they are.

She'll eat them alive but ok

"Are you going to be there?" Kiara asked Cheng.

"Why wouldn't I be? They're my friends." he said.

"Take it easy asshole. It was just a question" Kiara said

"He'll be on his best behavior. Won't you?" Vanessa said, linking arms with Cheng. He shut his eyes and huffed.