ꕥ Letting Go ꕥ

Bold-Mandarin/Chinese
Normal-English
Italics- Thoughts

(Edited)

A/N- I aged them up to 15

October 10, 2009

Kiara looked around at her vacant room. There were so many memories there. Some good, like her father taking her to her first art competition in second grade. She won second place and was awarded three hundred dollars. She and Dre lost their first tooth in that same room. Dre dared Kiara to jump from her dresser to her bed. She missed and landed on Dre, making one of their front teeth come out. Kiara becoming engrossed in the world of visual art. This mainly stemmed from drawing on her bedroom wall when she was five. Sherry decided it was best to put her in art classes to prevent Kiara from making murals on her walls again. Sherry had her old friend, Lin Huang, instruct her. Her main four art styles were sculpting, photography, painting, and drawing. She also took up basketball when Dre forced her to play with other kids. She was quite good at it, even though she only played through middle school.

With the good memories, there were also bad memories. There was the time she broke her foot while playing basketball with Dre and some other kids and her father carried her while she cried. The time she got detention for fighting, she got punished for two weeks. Then the hardest memory to relive was her father's death. Her eyes immediately drifted to the patched hole above her dresser. She didn't remember hitting the wall, all she remembered was her Uncle Charlie grabbing her out of the destroyed room. There was a broken mirror, glass shards all over the room, and footprints on her closet door. Sherry got both Dre and Kiara therapy, which slightly helped with Kiara's anger and guilt. But, she could never fully forgive herself.

She shook her head and huffed. She opened her closet door and looked at her memories through the years. The pictures she stuck on the inside of her closet door almost overlapped each other. She saw pictures of her and Dre at an art competition she won. There was one of her and Sherry outside of school. There was one of Ms. Lin and herself laughing while sitting at a half-completed canvas. There was one of her and her ex-boyfriend Luca Wills, making faces. She scoffed at that picture and ripped it down. She tore it up without a second thought.

He was a waste of two perfectly good years

She threw the ripped-up pieces on her old desk, that was getting thrown out. She went back to her closet and took the pictures down. Her eyes lingered on one specific photo. It was one of her father holding Dre in his arms while Sherry held Kiara. She slowly took it down and smiled at it. A knock came from the door, she looked around the closet door and saw Dre standing there.

"What's up?" Kiara asked.

"Can you tell me why there are bits of Luca on the desk?" He asked. She simply shrugged.

"Nope. No idea how that happened" She said, playing dumb. He laughed a little.

"I still can't believe you dated him," Dre said as he stepped further into her room.

"Yeah me neither" Kiara scoffed.

"I consider our time together a learning experience. So that I know what not to do in my future relationships" Kiara smirked. Dre looked at her in a serious manner.

"You weren't the problem," He said.

"I know. I'm just saying" Kiara said, as she began taking the pictures off of her door. Dre didn't know the severity of Luca's actions. His actions were bad but the words he spoke

"Mom said we gotta be out in ten minutes" He informed her. She nodded and continued to take the pictures down

"I'll be out in a sec," She said before putting the pictures in her bag along with two of her six cameras, her lip balm, socks, wallet, and mascara. She had her hair in a low ponytail. Her fingers were decorated with rings and black nail polish.