ꕥ China ꕥ

A/N: Play the song whenever, or don't. I just threw it in here cause I like it

(Edited)

Bold-Mandarin/Chinese
Normal-English
Italics- Thoughts

After a dreadfully slow drive, they finally arrived at the airport and boarded the plane. They quickly found their seats. Kiara took the window seat, Sherry took the middle and Dre to the aisle seat.

"Oh look Dre, we're already on lesson ten" Sherry said excitedly to Dre as they tried to speed learn Mandarin. Kiara took out a book and began to read. Sherry was struggling to teach her son Mandarin since he didn't want to learn from his sister. Kiara started learning Mandarin when she was seven from Ms. Lin. Now, Kiara was thankful she learned.

"Mom, look, in China, everything is old. There's old houses, old parks, old people" Dre said, making Kiara look up from her book and at him.

"Look, this guy is at least 400 years old" He said as he showed the picture of an old man in a book.

"Dre, there are old people everywhere" Kiara said.

"But there are more old people in China" Dre argued.

"Are you for real?" Kiara asked in disbelief.

He cant be serious

"That's not true" Kiara said.

"How do you know?" Dre asked.

"People age everywhere. It happens and not just in China. One day, you're gonna be old and wrinkly, dumbass" Kiara said before rolling her eyes at her brother. Sherry shot Kiara a look, telling her to watch her mouth before she got popped.

"Please focus. Ok?" Sherry said to her son.

"You need to practice" Sherry said to Dre.

"What about her? She doesn't have to practice" Dre said pointing at Kiara.

"I started learning Mandarin when I was 7. I've been fluent for 5 years, idiot" Kiara said.

"Stop it" Sherry said to her children.

"You need to practice. You need to try it" She said.

"No mom" "Yes Dre" They argued. Sherry looked across the aisle and saw a man.

"Ask him. Go ahead" Sherry urged her son. Dre was completely mortified. Kiara almost felt bad. Almost.

"Ask him 'what's your name' and 'how are you'. Do it now" Sherry said with tight lips. Kiara knew that once her mom tightened her lips, she wasn't playing.

"Ma, we're in Detroit. He's probably from here and speaks English" Kiara said. Sherry thought for a second, then her eyes widened.

"You're right" She said. but when she turned to Dre, he was already talking to the man.

"Dude I'm from Detroit" the man answered in English.

"Oh....What's up" Dre said, completely embarrassed. The flight was quiet for the most part, Kiara slept through 90% of the flight.

She had dreamed of two dragons and a lamb. One dragon took care of the lamb and protected it. While the other dragon stuck close to Kiara and protected her. She was infatuated with this dragon, and it was infatuated with her. Before her dream ended, her dragon took human form, only, she couldn't see what it looked like.

When she woke up, they had landed already and Sherry was grabbing their bags. She rubbed her eyes and got up. They left the plane and got to the airport.