ꕥ Stare down ꕥ

Bold- Chinese/Mandarin
Normal- English
Italics- thoughts

(Edited)

They were sitting in math class after getting their test results. Kiara was very happy about her score, to say the least. Kiara was taking notes on new material when she poked her right arm with something

"PST! PST!" She heard. She saw Vanessa trying to pass her a piece of paper. Kiara saw that Mrs. Liu wasn't looking and she took it. They took turns writing on the paper and drawing little smiley faces on it.

V:'What did you get?'
K:'95 •̀ᴗ•́. You?'
V:'86'
K:'What about you Mei Ying? What did you get?'
M:'100'
K: Amazing! ・ᴗ・
V: :)Good job Mei Mei'

Mei Ying smiled at the last note. This joy was short-lived as they heard someone clear their throat. There stood Mrs. Liu standing in front of the girls with an agitated look. All three smiles were immediately gone

"What are we looking at ladies?" Mrs. Liu held her hand out for the note. Mei Ying shamefully handed her the note and Mrs. Liu read it.

"I'm glad you are excited about your scores on your test but discuss this after my class," Mrs. Liu said. The girls nodded and Vanessa rolled her eyes and held her face in her palm.

"Apologies," they said and Mrs. Liu went back to teaching. The lesson went on and Kiara was taking notes when she felt a tap on her left shoulder. She knew who it was and she chose to ignore him.

Leave me alone!

𖦹𖦹𖦹

Cheng
Bold- English
Italics- Thoughts
Normal- Chinese/Mandarin

He tapped her again, only harder. She ignored him again. Cheng began to get irritated. He hated being ignored, especially by a peer. It was no secret that he was feared throughout the school. The students did whatever he wanted, not that he wanted anything out of them. He was used to having that power over people. But he didn't have that power over three people. Vanessa or, as he called her, "Freckles", his friend, Mei Ying, his crush and now the new American girl.

He grew irritated and plucked the side of her neck. She jumped slightly and quickly turned to face him.

"What the hell do you want?!" She whisper- yelled. He only slid a note toward her with a smirk. She took it and opened it. It read:

C: 'What did you get?'

She wrote and passed it back.

K: 'Why would I tell you?'
C: 'Because I'm asking nicely'
K: 'Plucking me is nice?'
C: 'Answer the question'
K: '95. You?'

Cheng paused. He didn't want to share his score with his enemy.

Why the hell would I share my score with her?

As he was thinking, Kiara tapped the paper that was laying on the table with her pen. Cheng wrote his score down and slid the note to her.

C: '59'

A/N: this is the actual grade I got on my last math exam.....I'm self projecting 😂

Kiara snickered a bit but controlled herself when she saw Mrs. Liu looking at her.

K: 'Is someone struggling?'
C: 'I wouldn't be struggling if you would stop distracting me'
K: 'How am I distracting you?'
C: 'You're mindless muttering at every problem on your worksheet. I can't focus.