ꕥ Annoying ꕥ

Bold-Mandarin/Chinese
Normal-English
Italics- Thoughts

Edited

Mrs. Po walked Kiara to her first period class which was Geometry. Kiara had a love/hate relationship with Geometry. On one hand, she could understand it easily but then certain rules would trip her up. She approached a classroom and saw a relatively tall woman standing at the door with a warm smile. She had light brown hair, red lipstick, and long eyelashes. They reached the woman and Mrs. Po spoke.

"This is your teacher Mrs. Liu" Mrs. Po introduced us. Kiara stuck her hand out for Mrs. Liu to shake, she took it joyfully.

"Hello. My name is Mrs. Liu" She said in English.

"Good morning" Kiara responded in Chinese. Mrs. Liu looked shocked but soon smiled.

"You speak perfect Chinese/Mandarin. That makes my job a whole lot easier" she said smiling

"This is your math class. Come see me if you have any questions" Mrs. Po said.

"Thank you, Mrs. Po," Kiara said smiling. Mrs. Po left and she entered the classroom with Mrs. Liu. The class was pretty noisy. Kids were sitting on top of the desks, they were talking and some weren't in their seats.

Kinda like my old school, but quieter

"Quiet!" Mrs. Liu shouted, startling Kiara. The class quickly scrambled to get into their proper seats. When everyone was seated Kiara was able to scan the class. In the class, she saw Mei Ying smiling at her. She waved at Kiara and Kiara waved back. Mei Ying was sitting at a double-seater desk by herself, which gave Kiara a bit of hope that she'd be seated next to her.

At least I have a friend in this class...

There was another face she was able to make out. This face made her smile drop and her skin crawl.

Can my day get any more fucked?
Why is he in my class?

Cheng was staring daggers at her. She got a better look at his face and saw a bruise forming on his cheekbone.

Either he bruises easily or I really knocked the shit out of him

Kiara and Cheng were just staring at each other like they wanted each other dead. Finally, Cheng broke eye contact and looked at the boy sitting at the desk next to him. She followed his gaze and saw the bald boy and the tall boy from yesterday sitting next to each other.

I have to ignore them. Just ignore them.

"Today we have a new student from America," Mrs. Liu said excitedly.

"You can introduce yourself," Mrs. Liu said. Kiara cleared her throat and stood a bit taller.

"Hi, I'm Kiara Parker and I just moved here from America with my brother and mother," she said.

"Any hobbies Kiara?" Mrs. Liu asked. Kiara hesitated but finally spoke.

"I'm a photographer," She said.

"Interesting. Well-" Mrs. Liu began to say before the class door abruptly opened. They saw a disheveled girl in the doorway. She had long, curled honey-brown hair and a light brown completion. She had charcoal-black eyes and full lips. She had thick eyebrows, and freckles decorating her face and neck. She had double ear piercings and an industrial piercing on her right ear.

"Vanessa" The teacher scolded. Vanessa smiled awkwardly and entered the classroom.

"Good morning Mrs. Liu," Vanessa said.