ꕥ Interview ꕥ

Bold- Chinese/Mandarin
Normal- English
Italics- thoughts

Edited

November 13, 2009

It was Friday, and after countless attempts at begging her mom, Kiara had her job interview. She sat in her Geometry class, working on her résumé. Unbeknownst to her, she began muttering under her breath.

"Skills?" She muttered, twirling her pen on her fingers.

Photography maybe?

She let out a small sigh of frustration as she continued to write and mutter. She began to bounce her leg up and down.

"What're we muttering about over here?" Cheng asked, looking over at her paper. She instantly got defensive and glared at him.

"None of your business" She said.

"Ouch. That was rude" Cheng said, faking a hurt expression.

"Thanks, I try my best" Kiara said as she gave a fake smile. Cheng hummed before quickly snatching the paper from Kiara.

"Give it back!" Kiara said loudly. She looked at Mrs. Liu who was facing the board. No one seemed affected by her voice.

"Keep your voice down. You wouldn't want to alert Mrs. Liu" Cheng said, looking at her résumé. Mrs. Liu had a nasty habit of taking student's homework for other classes, if they were working on it during Geometry. So if Mrs. Liu got her hands on Kiara's résumé, she'd tear it up without a second thought.

"She'd be very upset to see you weren't working on Math" Cheng smirked.

To say I hate this asshole is an understatement

Kiara tried to grab it back, but he grabbed her wrist and put it down on the table. She tried using her other hand to pry his off of her wrist, but failed. As she struggled to get out of his grasp, he read through her résumé.

"This is a job application" Cheng said.

"No shit. Give it back" Kiara spat as she reached for it.

"Special Skills....cleaning at a proficient speed?" Cheng read.

"What a joke" Cheng smiled as he continued to read through her résumé.

"Let me go and give it back" Kiara said, still trying to pry his fingers off of her.

"The Fighting Dragon Studio. That's where I train" Cheng said. Her heart dropped to her stomach. It became apparent that she couldn't escape him.

"This is gonna be fun" Cheng said as Kiara snatched her wrist from him. He tossed her résumé at her face and turned to face the front with a satisfied smile. Kiara looked to her right and saw Vanessa with an angry expression. Vanessa was about to say something but Kiara shook her head no.

"Since we're putting our hands on each other..." Kiara said before balling her left hand into a fist. She then used the side of her fist to punched Cheng in the stomach, making him hunch over in pain. He sat up, holding his stomach. She quickly sat up and folded her hands together, trying to look as innocent as possible incase Mrs.Liu saw them. She peaked over at Vanessa who was fighting back a laugh. She looked at Mei Ying who looked concerned. Cheng sat up, slightly coughing. He grabbed Kiara by the collar of her shirt.

"Careful. You wouldn't want to alert Mrs. Liu. Would you?" She said smugly. He grumbled something and let her go. She continued working on her résumé and he put his head on his part of the table.

"I really hate you" Cheng said.

"Likewise, little boy" Kiara said, not looking at him. School ended and Kiara walked our to the front. She was supposed to wait for Vanessa and someone else she was bringing.