ꕥ Apologies ꕥ

Bold-Mandarin/Chinese
Normal-English
Italics- Thoughts

Edited
Short chapter

It was near the end of the day and Dre and Kiara had their  sixth period class together. She didn't look at him or speak to him. She didn't even sit next to him. When it was finally time for them to go home, Kiara walked ahead of Dre to avoid having to talk to him.

"I'm sorry" Dre said. Kiara stopped walking and turned to face him. That was the first time in years he ever apologized. It had been so long because they usually had nothing to apologize for. Their relationship was as stable as far as sibling relationships go.

Am I going crazy or did he just apologize?
I'm going crazy

"What?" Kiara asked, wanting to make sure she wasn't hearing things.

"Im sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I was embarrassed when I should've been grateful. I'm grateful that you defended me" Dre said walking closer to Kiara.

"Me defending you is something automatic. It's like breathing. Like you defended me from damn near everyone in our old school." Kiara said. Kiara want the most social person in Detroit. She usually kept her distance from people. People would make fun of her for liking art since they thought it wasn't normal. Like a ten year old shouldn't be able to tell the difference between modernism and surrealism. She would stick up for herself but Dre always stepped in.

"You didn't need me to defend you. You handled it yourself" Dre said.

"You knew that I could handle it, but you still defended me. Why?" Kiara said, waiting for one answer. The only correct answer.

"Because you're my sister and you shouldn't be treated like shit" Dre said. Kiara nodded.

"And you're my brother and you should be treated with respect. We've always had each other's backs. Ever since we were younger. That should never change" Kiara said.

"I'm not used to being..." Dre started to say before he paused. An embarrassed expression crossed his face as he tried to think of another word to describe what he's going through. But there was no other word. He just didn't want to say it.

"Bullied" Kiara said. He nodded.

"Yeah. I didn't want you to see me as weak" Dre said, looking around, avoiding eye contact with Kiara. Kiara was confused. She always thought Dre was the strongest out of the two of them. Maybe not physically but mentally. Whenever she was breaking down, he always helped her. If he was cracking, he almost never showed it. Kiara was the easiest to break mentally, but Dre had the strongest mind and will.

"You're not weak Dre. Mom and Dad didn't raise us to be weak. But we're stronger when we stick together" Kiara said. Dre released a breath and looked his sister in the eyes.

"I'm sorry" he said.

"It's ok. Just don't let it happen again" Kiara said. Dre nodded with a smile. He then slowly extended his arms out.

"What are you doing?" Kiara asked.

"Let's hug it out" Dre said. Kiara rolled her eyes.

"Dre stop" Kiara said.

"Why? You embarrassed to hug me?" Dre asked with a slight smirk.

Kiara lightly smiled and gave Dre a hug. He pulled her in tightly as she hugged around his neck. She looked over Dre's shoulder and saw Cheng and his gang staring at them. They were pointing and laughing as some made hearts with their hands. Kiara flipped them off and let go of Dre.

"Let's go home. You need a shower" Kiara said. Dre looked confused as he began to smell himself.

"You smell like noodles and cheap cologne" Kiara said. Dre mumbled a quick 'shut up' as they made their way home. Kiara looked back and saw Cheng still staring at her. He waved at her with a smirk. She turned around and ran to catch up with Dre.

Fucking creep

A/N: I might do a Cobra Kai story and a Karate Kid 1984 story and make it intertwine with Karate Kid 2010. Idk tho. Any thoughts?