ꕥ Right Hook ꕥ

Bold-Mandarin/Chinese
Normal-English
Italics- Thoughts

Edited

"What do you mean?"
———————————-

Before Mei Ying could answer, Kiara heard a familiar voice"You want me to play?" They heard someone say. Kiara then saw your brother walking to a ping pong table.

"You know I have no problem beating old people," he said.

"Back where I come from they call me ping pong Dre" he lied. Kiara sighed, knowing no one in Detroit called him that.

He plays ping pong once and thinks he's the shit

"I'm gonna take it easy on you," Dre said, overconfidently.

"Don't get hurt being cocky" Kiara called out to him. He waved her off and got into position. They watched as Dre began to play. Kiara looked over at Mei Ying who was watching Dre intently.

"Mei Ying you have a bit of drool coming down" Kiara jokingly said to Mei Ying.

"Not funny" Mei Ying smiled and swatted at her. They watched Dre and the man went back and forth until Dre hit the ball past him. The man didn't look stunned, he just looked at him. Dre puffed out his chest and briefly looked at Mei Ying who was giggling. Kiara rolled her eyes.

I'm gonna throw up and shit at the same time if they don't stop

The man positioned the ball and threw it in the air.

Is that legal?

The man hit it at Dre with so much strength, you could barely see it. Dre grunted as it hit in in the shoulder. This went on for a few minutes, entertaining Kiara.

"C'mon, man....I'm a kid. Im gonna live longer than you. So you shouldn't be trying to kill me" Dre said, making Mei Ying laugh. After a while of watching her brother get beat in ping pong, Kiara got thirsty. She looked around and saw a small store on the other end of the park.

"I'm going to get some water, want some?"  She said to Mei Ying.

"No thank you," she said as she looked at Dre. Kiara walked to the store and saw a man sweeping through the window. She walked in and saw an older man at the cash register. She walked in and smiled at the man.

"Hello," the man greeted.

"Hello sir," Kiara said. She looked around the store for something to drink. She saw a green apple soda that was calling her name. Then she saw powdered donuts. She went into the store intending to grab water and left with two bottles of water, soda, donuts, and gum.

"I'm back," Kiara said, sitting next to Mei Ying. She took water and handed it to her.

"Thanks," Mei Ying said smiling brightly.

"No problem" Kiara said. They sat for a while. Talking and laughing. Kiara has never done this with anyone other than her family. It was nice. She didn't feel uncomfortable around Mei Ying. She helped Mei Ying practice, for her audition for the Beijing Academy of Music, well, Kiara just told her when she was off-key. They were discussing the differences between oil and acrylic paint when Kiara got a phone call. When she saw the name, she had to answer immediately.

Mommy♥︎♥︎

"Hold on a sec, my mom is calling," Kiara said. Mei Ying nodded.

"Hey ma," She said

"I need you to come back home," Sherry said with a stern tone. Kiara didn't ask why. She figured it was important since her mother was the one who urged her to go outside.