ꕥ Date ꕥ

Kiara
Bold- Chinese/Mandarin
Normal- English
Italics- thoughts

December 6, 2009>Sunday
Kiara spent three hours getting ready for her date with Cheng. She plucked her eyebrows and painted her nails. She fixed her hair into five different styles before deciding on one. She called Vanessa, Emiko and Leia to come over to help her with her outfit. She had done almost everything except ask for permission. She came to this realization when she saw Emiko, Vanessa and Leia walking to her apartment complex. She sped walked past the living room where Harry and Dre were playing his PS3. Kiara knocked on her mother's door. She peaked her head in and saw her mom folding her clothes.

"Ma?" Kiara asked.

"Yeah baby?" Sherry answered.

"I wanted to know if I could go out with my friend today" She asked, almost knowing she would say no. Sherry sighed and looked at her daughter.

"Again? It's Sunday." Sherry said, essentially saying no.

"Yeah but I went over Emiko's house yesterday. We didn't actually go out" Kiara said, putting on her best pleading face. Sherry sighed.

"I guess. But you have to stay home on Sunday next week. You've been going out too much" She said. Kiara smiled and hugged her mother.

That's what the weekends are for!

"Thank you Ma" she said. Sherry was surprised by Kiara's reaction. She was used to Kiara's hugs but never did she expect it.

"No problem" Sherry smiled at her. Kiara rushed back to the common area and opened the door to let Emiko, Vanessa and Leia in. Kiara put her fingers up to her lips signaling for them to be quiet. Emiko looked into the living room and saw Harry. Harry looked at her and immediately blushed. He waved awkwardly and she smiled in response. They all quickly made their way to Kiara's room and shut the door. Emiko and Leia went straight to the closet while Vanessa went to her bed and sat down.

"I've assembled you here today because I'm going on a date and need help" Kiara said to them. Emiko and Leia stopped rummaging through her closet and looked at her.

"You two are the fashion experts" Kiara said to Emiko and Leia who smiled and went back to the closet.

"Oh! Oh! Teacher pick me!" Vanessa said, waving her hand like a child getting their teacher's attention. Kiara rolled her eyes.

"Why am I here?" Vanessa asked.

"Moral support" Kiara said. Vanessa shrugged and went on her phone. Leia turned around and saw the outfit Kiara laid out and gasped. She clutched her chest and harshly tapped Emiko.

"That's a heinous combination!" Leia said picking up the outfit.

"Damn... really?" Kiara said, her feeling being a bit hurt.

"Yeah that's pretty bad" Emiko said, staring at the outfit.

"Is it gonna be fancy or no?" Emiko asked.

"He has a job mowing lawns. How much money do you think he has?" Vanessa said.

"Ask him what his wearing" Emiko said. Kiara took her phone and pulled up his contact.

Cheng ❦

Am I dressing up for today or no?

Yes but not too dressed up. I'll send you a picture of what I'm wearing.