ꕥ Forget it ꕥ

Kiara
Bold- Chinese/Mandarin
Normal- English
Italics- thoughts

December 17, 2009>Friday

Kiara put in her last earring before staring at herself in the mirror. She looked different from how she did when she was in Detroit. She looked drained and resentful in Detroit while she looked more lively in China.

Maybe I really did need a fresh start...

She walked out of her room, backpack in her hand. She saw Dre sitting at the table, eating cereal. He looked at her and smiled.

"Hey Kie" he said. She hugged him with her open arm and went to drop her backpack at the door.

"Morning" She said. She then went back to the kitchen and pulled out the bread from the pantry. Her heart began to pound against her ribs as she pondered on how she was going to ask him to talk to  Cheng.

"You know how I've been hanging out with Vanessa and her group of friends" She said, pulling out two slices of bread from the bag. Dre looked at her suspiciously.

"Yeah" he answered before eating another spoonful of cereal.

"Cheng wanted to start coming around again. He and Vanessa are really close"

"What's that gotta do with me?" Dre asked, putting his spoon down and placing both arms on the countertop of the island.

"He wanted to apologize to you for everything" Kiara said. Dre scoffed.

"Why does he all of a sudden want to apologize to me? Did he gain a guilty conscience? Or did he become a half decent person with some home training" Dre said. Kiara sighed, knowing the conversation wouldn't end well.

"He feels bad for a lot of stuffs he did in the past. Including bullying us" She said.

"Fuck him and his apology" Dre said.

"Dre"

"Why do you care? He's just a shitty person. It's not like he's your boyfriend" He leaned back in his chair, almost asking her to confess something.

Damn...I really suck

"I just didn't want Vanessa to have to choose, that's all" Kiara said, trying to downplay the conversation.

"Do what you want. But I don't have a damn thing to say to him and I don't want him to talk to me" Dre said.

"Did you forget it's only been two months? Am I supposed to just forget?" Dre asked. Kiara felt more guilty then when they started.

"Nah, you're right. I'm sorry I brought it up" Kiara said, slowly taking deep breaths to calm herself down. Dre picked up his empty bowl and walked to the sink.

"I know your friends are important to you, but we keep our social lives separate for a reason. I don't like everyone you do and you don't like everyone I do" Dre said. Kiara nodded.

"We're different people. Vanessa just wanted her old friend group back together" She said. She felt back for lying on Vanessa's name.

"Just don't go hugging up on the asshole. That would piss me off and make you fake" Dre said. Her toast popped up from the toaster. She grabbed it and went for the strawberry jam in the refrigerator.

"Like that would happen" she said, trying to sound disgusted.

"By the way, I need help on my history project" Dre said. Kiara looked at him, a piece of toast in her mouth.

"When is it due?" She said, mouth full of bread.

"Tomorrow" He said. Kiara's eyes widened and she put her food down.