ꕥ Something Newꕥ

Bold-Mandarin/Chinese
Normal-English
Italics- Thoughts

(Edited)

Kiara walked out of her apartment building and towards the park. While on her way, she heard a woman fussing. Being the nosy person that she is, she decided to peek in and listen. She saw a man, looking to be in his mid-thirties sitting at a small table with a vacant expression. The woman was yelling at him about multiple things. From a broken doll to a leak in her ceiling, to her kitchen sink not working. The man just sat there and took it. Kiara was still listening when the man looked at her. As a result, the woman looked at her too.

"What the hell are you doing here?! Get out of my business!" the woman yelled at her. Kiara just looked at the man who was looking between herself and the woman.

"I'll beat you silly, you nosy little bitch" the woman said walking towards her. The man stood abruptly.

Beat who?
You ain't gonna beat shit

"Leave the child be. She was curious" he said calmly.

"I'm sorry for intruding sir. It won't happen again" Kiara said, disregarding the woman. The woman was still yelling at her as Kiara walked away and reached the park.

There was a ping pong table with two men, people were dancing, some boys and her brother playing basketball and a girl playing the violin. She got a bit closer to the violinist and she sounded amazing. She unconsciously moved towards the girl as she listened to her play, like the music was pulling her. The girl stopped playing her violin and looked at Kiara. Only then did Kiara realize she was standing a few feet away from her?

When did I get this close?

Kiara cleared her throat and stood a bit taller.

"Hi, do you mind if I sit with you?" Kiara asked the girl. The girl smiled.

"Not a all" she responded, scooting over to make room for Kiara. She sat next to the violinist.

"I'm Mei Ying," the girl said holding out her hand. Kiara smiled and shook her hand.

"I'm Kiara," she said.

"You sounded amazing," Kiara said honestly. She was used to hearing violin at her when she would paint with Ms. Lin. Ms. Lin said it 'calmed the soul'. She would envision an older person playing the violin so well but Mei Ying sounds amazing at such a young age.

"Thank you," Mei Ying said shyly.

"Would you mind if I heard you play again?" Kiara asked. Mei Ying brightened up at the request.

"Ok," she agreed. She got ready and started playing. As she was playing, Kiara shut her eyes. She felt at ease and calm. Given the fact that she was on edge not even two minutes ago, it was weird. When the song was over Kiara came back to reality.

"That was beautiful," she told Mei Ying who blushed lightly. She realized she said that in English and her eyes widened.

Fuck....
This is why I stay by myself

"Thank you," Mei Ying said in English. Kiara was relieved that Mei Ying spoke English.

"Do you plan on being a professional musician?" Kiara asked.

"I do. I love playing" Mei Ying said simply. They talked for a bit. Mei Ying figured out that Kiara was an artist and a photographer and asked her some questions about it. Kiara ended up showing her some pictures. I'm that twenty-minute conversation, they figured out they went to the same school and have some of the same courses.