sixty-eight

BGK

Megan and I were hanging out today. It's been a while since we've hung out, I missed her.

When I got to her house she was already sitting on her porch waiting on me so she got right in my truck. "Hey Bey."

"Hi stranger." She's very much a stranger now.

"You know I've been busy, don't act like you haven't been too."

"Busy doing what?" I pulled out of her driveway and started driving to our first destination.

"Busy being under my nigga." She smiled, "I'm in love."

"What's his name again?"

"Antonio. Tony for short."

"Is he black? Not that that would be a problem, I'm just wondering."

She laughed, "Yes he's black. And tall and handsome. He plays basketball and football."

"Have the rest of them met him?"

"Yeah, at school. That's why you haven't met him yet. He's a really chill guy, he's not the in everyone's face type."

"That's good. You know I would defend and protect you just like I would Kelly. You're my second girl best friend." After Kelly. She's my third overall best friend after Frank.

"Yeah I know, and vice versa."

"Of course, we got each other." We finally got to Target and I parked close to the front.

We didn't get a cart because I didn't think we were going to get anything we couldn't carry and started walking through the aisles.

"So how are you and Onika?" I was waiting for her to ask me about her so I could ask her for a favor.

"Good, that's my twin." I was smiling just talking about her. "But I need a tiny favor."

"Sure, anything. What?"

"So my mama isn't her biggest fan because of the whole... kissing thing, but I really want her to like her because you know how important her opinion is for me."

"Okay, but what's the favor?"

"Tonight at dinner, I'm going to bring Onika up and I already know she's going to ask you your thoughts. Talk her up, make her sound like a saint. Please."

I really need her to like Onika. I plan on being with Onika for a very long time but I don't know what I would do if my mama really doesn't like her.

We're having dinner at my house later wihrbher grandma, it would be the perfect opportunity. She'll trust Megan's judgement.

"Yeah, I can do that." She chuckled, "She really doesn't like her? She likes everyone."

"Well her finding Onika shitless in my bed after I showed her those videos certainly didn't help. She wants that best for me and all but at the same time, I'm grown."

I do the same thing with her so I can't be that mad but Onikas nothing like my father.

She laughed way too loud in public. "Oh, you're grown now?"

"Yeah, I am. My girlfriend makes me feel so grown, I feel mature."

"You got your heart broken a little and you've been acting out since, I love it. Just don't change too much, we love you for you."

"Yeah, I know. I'm trying to make sure the things that used to be important to me are still important to me."

"Like?"