eleven

OTM

I was going over to Beyonces house to figure this whole catfish thing out.

It wasn't that late. They closed at 8:00 on weekdays so I left my house at around 9:30.

I wanted to give her the chance to shower. I was expecting her to stink from all the labor.

I drove up to the house she pointed at before instead of the farm. It still damn near looked like the white house, it was big.

I parked off to the side and texted her.

: I'm outside.

A minute later the front door opened and she waved at me from the doorway.

I got out of my car and walked up to the door. "Hey."

She put her finger to her lips and waved me inside. She was sneaking me in?

This wasn't my first time being snuck into someones house so I took my shoes off and held them in my hand.

We slowly walked up the stairs and I followed her into her room. She very slowly closed the door and turned around.

"Sorry bout that. My family's just... nosy."

"It's fine, it's not the first or last time someone's made me sneak into their house." I was still standing, I didn't know where to sit.

"Oh- do you want to sit?"

"Yeah, sure." I sat in the office chair in front of her desk and spun around.

She sat on her bed directly across from me. "Where should we start?"

"How old are you?"

"Does that have anything to do with finding the fish person?"

"Well if I get to know you, I can compare what that person told me and actual information about you."

I don't think they lied to me about everything. They said they had two brothers and they knew too much about the area to not live here.

"Well I go to school here." She pointed to where I was sitting. "I'm homeschooled most of the time."

It makes sense that she's homeschooled. Maybe that's why she's strange.

"Most of the time?"

"I go to school every other Friday to turn in and collect stuff. Majority of it is online but I have a packet for one of my classes."

"What school?"

"Kennedy."

"That's the school I go to, but they said they went to that performing arts school down the street. Do you have any paper?"

"Yeah, grab my notebook on the desk."

I turned around and it was already open so I just flipped to the next page.

I quickly wrote something down and left the notebook in my lap. "When's your birthday?"

"September 4th. I just turned 18."

"That's weird..."

"What's weird?"

"They said the same thing. Same age and birthday."

"How would they know my birthday? That's doesn't make any sense."

"It wouldn't make sense unless they actually know you. Let me see your phone."

She just handed me her phone unlocked. "I'm basically a stranger and you're just going to give me your phone like that?"

She shrugged, "Why not?"