twenty-two

BGK

I've been feeling down since Onika kind of rejected me. Even if she didn't say it, she rejected me with her actions.

It caught me by surprise because I thought she liked me from all the stuff she was saying.

She's said sex and relationships weren't the same to her so maybe she just thought I was attractive.

We haven't spoken once since, I haven't reached out to her and she hasn't reached out to me. It's been over a week already.

I really like being her friend and hanging out with her but we haven't known each other for that long so I'll live.

I haven't really liked that many girls to be telling them I like them but we already did... stuff so I assumed there was something there.

Even my friends noticed my low mood so they forced me to leave the house with them. It was more like a kidnapping, I barely knew what was going on.

They put me in the backseat of Brysons car but they won't tell me where we're going. Now here we are.

"Are we going to get food? I'm starving." They could've at least fed me at one point during this kidnapping.

"Just sit back and enjoy the ride, we're almost there." Bryson was the most annoying because he was driving.

"If there's no food, can we get food? Preferably before?" That's all I cared about, they could take me wherever after.

"Shut up, we're here." Bryson pulled into the Target parking lot and I smiled. I love Target.

There's everything at Target. Target turns me into a millennial white mom, it's my therapy.

Bryson had the child lock on so I had to wait for him to open the door for me. We were also with Kelly, Frank, and Megan.

"I want to buy cookies and I also want to buy a new notebook but it has to be kind of small."

"A journal?" I love Frank because he likes to talk about all the dumb stuff I like to talk about.

"I don't really like the word journal. Notebook sounds way better." We started unintentionally walking ahead of them.

"True. Journal sounds like something a middle school girl writes about her crush in."

"That's more like a diary though, isn't it?"

"But a diary isn't even in the conversation, that's nowhere close to what you want."

I don't think we should be that interested in names of blank books.

"Whatever, I'm calling it a notebook." That's what I was calling it in the first place, the conversation was pointless.

"I want to get a lightsaber. And some snacks."

"Maybe I want a lightsaber too." We stopped walking when we get to the big red balls in front of Target to wait for them to catch up to us.

"Why were y'all walking ahead of us? You know Bryson has those skinny ass ankles, he couldn't keep up."

He mumbled, "The world would've ended if I said something like that. You're skinnier than me."

"Anyway. What part of the store do y'all want to go to first?"

"Frank and I wanted to go to the toys section." I really wanted a lightsaber now.

"Well we're going to the food so we can spit up and meet after we get what we want. Everyone can do a little haul when we get back in the car."