49.

Max and I had such an amazing night. We agreed to keep our relationship a secret for now.
Christian and Toto would never accept us being together. They wouldn't understand.
We even texted our friends that it really was over between us. Daniel and Charlotte weren't the people who could keep a secret for very long.

I felt kind of useless walking around the paddock. The only thing I could do was sit and study for my classes but I wanted more. I sipped from the coffee that was standing in front of me. Everyone was busy getting ready for the race and I was just waiting around. I put my head on my hand, looking at my laptop. "Hey you seem like a ray of sunshine today" Lando walked up to me and sat down in front of me. "I am so bored" I laughed, shutting my laptop. "Me too, want to do something crazy together?" I looked at him confused. Didn't he need to prepare for the race or have media duties like Max? "I am up for whatever" I shrugged my shoulders. Honestly I didn't care what he wanted to do. Everything was better than sitting around.

He dragged me all over the paddock. I had no idea what his plan actually was. He pulled me into the Mclaren hospitality and in to his drivers room. "What exactly are we doing Lando?" He closed the door behind him, sitting down on the couch and handing me a controller. "I really wanna play playstation but no one wanted to play with me" I rolled my eyes. Was he serious right now? I sat down next to him. "You are unbelievable but I'll still beat you" He looked at me laughing.
We played a couple of games and I actually won none but it was nice to spend some time with him. He was funny and we laughed so much.

After the games we were just sitting on the couch. "So when were you gonna tell me you're related to Toto?" He looked at me. How did he know? I rolled my eyes, Daniel really can't keep his mouth shut. "Never" I nudged him laughing as he pretended to be hurt.
"So what are your plans now? Are you going back to being Lewis' PR manager?" I loved being a PR manager but I couldn't work for Lewis or Mercedes. Max would feel betrayed and honestly I didn't want to work for Mercedes anymore.
"No, don't get me wrong, I loved it but it's too complicated. I guess I will just focus on my PR and journalism studies" He got up, putting on his shoes and looked at me. He looked kind of confused, he probably didn't get why it was complicated. Everyone thought Max and I broke up.
He gestured to follow him, he probably had to go to his garage so I followed him.

"Why can't you work in journalism then? We have enough idiot journalists, it would be nice to have someone cool between them. You would be my favorite" he looked at me smiling while we were walking through the paddock. I actually looked at him for a second. He was right. I learned a lot about F1 these past months.
I grabbed his arm before he went into his garage. "Thank you Lando, I actually had a lot of fun. Good luck out there" he pulled me into his arms and gave me a hug.

I walked to the Mercedes garage with a smile on my face. Lando really cheered me up. I saw Max running to his garage, I laughed a little, he was late again. He looked at me and gave me a quick wink, I smiled and gave him a thumbs up. I wish I could kiss him good luck before a race and be right there when he jumped out of the car but I couldn't.

Lando made me open my eyes. Right now, I was just here to be there for Max, but maybe I could work in the meantime. I couldn't be anyone's PR manager because of my last name, but I could be a reporter right?