32.

Max's home Grand Prix could literally be another name for the Dutch Grand Prix. It was beautiful to look at. I knew Max had a lot of fans but I never expected to see this. The sky was not blue anymore, it was orange and it was not even race day.

It was Saturday so it was time for quali. I walked in the garage and Max was already standing next to his car. "You'll do great." I didn't really know what to say but I wanted him to know I believed in him. He looked at me smiling. "Thanks babe, by the way I am going to dinner with my family tonight." I nodded. I kind of expected that he would spend time with his family while he was in The Netherlands. "Sure, I know you missed them. I am sure you'll have fun." He grabbed his helmet and I took a step back so he could get into his car but he didn't. "I want you to come with me, so you can meet them." I looked at him for a little while. He wanted me to meet his family? I didn't know if I was ready for that but I didn't want to disappoint him. "Yes sure, sounds fun!" he looked so happy when he got into his car.

He got pole position and once again the sky turned orange. I walked out of the garage to look at the sky, I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like.

————————

I was standing in front of the mirror. Max asked me to go to dinner with him and his family. Now I had to lie to his family as well. I didn't want to ruin this dinner or his time at his home Grand Prix so I was planning to tell him the truth in Italy.

Max walked in the bathroom and looked at me. "Wow look at my girl." He walked over to me and put his arms around my waist from behind. "Yes? Do I look okay?" He nodded and kissed my cheek softly. "You look very beautiful, they're gonna love you" who knew Max could be so nice and cute.

We both walked into the restaurant, Max was holding my hand as he was leading me to their table. "Don't be nervous, just be yourself" he whispered in my ear and gave me a quick little kiss on my cheek. Be myself? How can I be myself when he doesn't even know who I was.
We walked up to the table and Max introduced me to everyone. I sat down in front of his sister with Max sitting next to me.
He put his hand on my thigh to calm me down.

His sister was actually really nice. I enjoyed talking to her about everything. It was not just about races and cars. I could see she was really proud of her brother.
"So Max, how are you feeling for tomorrow?" His dad looked at Max. "I am feeling confident, we are on pole so that's a good start I guess." He smiled but his dad just nodded. He wasn't really impressed with his answer. "You should not only feel confident but you should win the race. You can't let Lewis win in your home country." I looked at the both of them as Max nodded. I think he had enough pressure without his dad putting even more on him. I guess Max was used to it but I wasn't. I put my hand on his and moved a little closer. "Max is gonna do everything he can to win and I think that's enough. I believe in him, just like the entire team." Max looked at me, it's like he never had someone who believed in him. I loved him even if he would lose. I saw Max's mom and sister smile and nod at me.
Max's dad on the other hand didn't reply anymore but I didn't care. As long as Max knew that most of us were proud of him no matter what.

————————

Max and I were laying in bed next to each other. We were watching a movie. "Thanks for going to dinner with my family... and for defending me." He pulled me closer against his body while stroking my back softly. I loved his soft touches. "I loved your family. I can see they're really proud" I smiled, kissing his chest softly. I decided not to mention his dad anymore. I put my arm around his chest, closing my eyes. Right before I fell asleep I could hear him whispering that he loved me. Even when I was half asleep he could wake up the butterflies. I was so in love with him.