33.

I was walking with Max through the paddock. I could feel he was nervous even though he would never admit that. Even I felt the pressure of the home fans. They didn't want to see someone else win, they wanted to see Max win and I knew Max wanted to give them that.

Max had to do a lot of media duties, I wanted to sit with him through every interview even though I didn't really need to do anything. In the meantime I was replying to some email,  I saw an email from my school. I quickly opened it, it said that I had to be back in a week for my exams. Fuck I totally forgot about that, that means I would miss Monza and probably some other races as well. That also meant that I couldn't talk to Max to tell him the truth about who I was, I was definitely not gonna tell him today.

I was standing in the garage, looking up at the tv when I heard someone standing next to me. "You see? Sometimes you need to put pressure on him." I turned my head and saw his dad standing next to me. "He would've achieved this even without your pressure" I looked back up to the tv. Max wasn't only doing great because of him, he was just so talented.
"You didn't like your job at Mercedes? He looked at me. How does he know I worked for them? I looked at him, trying to answer but he didn't let me. "What's different here? Max?" I really wanted to roll my eyes but I couldn't. "Red Bull gave me a great opportunity so that's why I took it." I grabbed my headset and wanted to walk away but before I did I looked at him again. "But Max is definitely a hot bonus" I smirked and walked to Amelie. I would watch the rest of the race with her but I could feel his eyes on me the entire time.

Max won his home Grand Prix. I couldn't be more proud. He deserved it so much.
He ran up to me when he saw me and pulled me into his arms. Now it was my time to kiss his helmet. I knew every journalist would post about this but in that moment, I really didn't care.
He was my winner.

————————

"Wait I don't get it, why do you need to go?" We were in Max's drivers room after the race and he was changing out of his racingsuit. "I have some exams, you know, for college" it's not like we haven't seen each other naked but the sight of Max changing never got old. "How long will you be gone?" Max turned to me while putting on his pants. "I don't know, probably about 2-3 weeks." I knew Max supported me, but I could see he didn't like it. He sat down, pulling me on his lap. "Promise me you'll call or text me every day?" He looked at me, putting his arms around me. "Of course I promise." I felt so safe, so loved and happy when I was with him. "Pinky promise?" He laughed, putting his hand in front of me. "Pinky promise." Once again we made a pinky promise with each other which I was certain to keep.
I loved how he remembered our little thing from months ago. It was gonna be hard without him and I was gonna miss him so much but I would be back soon.

Things between us weren't going to change in two weeks, right?