40.

Oh how I loved Mexico. I could literally eat taco's and drink margaritas all day.
Daniel didn't text or call me yet to confirm the plan. I was getting kind of worried. Did he back out? Did he talk to Max and told him my plan?

I was waiting in my hotelroom. I had been texting Charlotte all day. I told her about my plan and she seemed excited about it even though she probably thought it was kind of stupid. I was happy she forgave me for blaming her. She was a really good friend.

I sighed as I looked at my phone. Still no text from Daniel. I grabbed my laptop and put on Netflix. I jumped into bed and started watching something I probably saw 100 times before. My eyes started to get heavier, I closed my eyes for a second before I heard my phone go off.
I quickly grabbed my phone and saw it was a text from Daniel. He said Max has agreed to have dinner with him tonight.

My heart jumped a little. I was nervous but also excited. I couldn't wait to be with him again. I didn't know if he would want to listen but I was determined to explain everything.

————————

I wore my favorite black dress, I straightened my hair because I knew Max liked that. I sat down at the table and I felt my nerves kicking in.

I sat up straight when I saw Max walking in. He looked so cute wearing his usual white shirt and jeans. He looked around and his face dropped a little when he saw me and he turned around quickly. Oh no I wasn't going to let him walk out.
I walked up to him, he was already walking to his car. "Max please stop. Let me explain."
I yelled a little, just enough to make him hear me. "I don't need your explanation, you used me. You used my team. I will never trust you again." He grabbed his keys and opened the door of his car. "Max please, I love you, please." He looked at me and started shaking his head.
"I got back together with Kelly" I never expected that 6 little words could break my heart like they did. "I hope you'll find someone too Rylee, but forget about me. No one would allow us to be together anyway." He got into his car and drove away. This wasn't the Max I knew. The Max I knew wouldn't even care about what people were thinking about us. He would just tell them to fuck off.

I was just standing there in the middle of the street. It felt like someone ripped my heart out of my chest. Maybe it wasn't anger of sadness I saw in his eyes, maybe it was just hunger to win the championship.

He moved on, I couldn't believe he moved on so quickly.