37.

Rylee's POV

Two weeks had passed and Max didn't reply to any of my texts or phone calls.
I've missed the past couple of races because of my exams but I was determined to go to the next one even though I had no job anymore.
I got an email from Christian saying I was fired immediately but I still wanted to see Max. I wanted to explain him everything.

The next race was in America. I looked at my suitcase, the last thing I packed was Max's Red Bull shirt which I stole before I went home. I was holding the shirt in my hands, he had every right to be mad, but I never lied about my feelings for him, I never shared any information with Mercedes. I put the shirt down. What if he never wanted to talk to me again?

—————————

I was standing in front of the entrance of the paddock. Right where I met Max for the first time in Portugal. Everything was different now.
I sighed and walked in, I felt like everyone was staring at me. They probably all knew who I was by now and they probably thought they would never see me again.

I promised myself I would walk with my head high, which was much easier said than done. I actually had no idea where to go to.
The only place I'd be safe right now was in the Mercedes hospitality. It was also the only place I was still welcome at.
I sat down in front of the hospitality, hoping I would see Max walking passed. I sat there for what felt like hours but he never did. It was Friday so he had to be here because it was practice.

My classes kept me distracted for a while, until I noticed someone sitting in front of me. I looked up smiling but my smile dropped a little when I saw Charlotte. "Wow, missed you too" she laughed taking her sunglasses off but stopped laughing when she saw my face and put her hands on mine. "How are you holding up?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Not too good, how is he doing? Have you talked to him?" She started shaking her head. "No, he doesn't really hang out anymore lately. He changed after Monza." He changed? Of course, he must feel betrayed and heartbroken. I never wanted to make him feel like this.
"How did he change?" She let go of my hands and leaned back in her chair. "He's just so focused on beating Lewis. I don't know, the look in his eyes changed." She struggled with her words, I knew she couldn't explain it, but I guess I was going to find out what she meant when I saw him.
"So... does everyone in this paddock know who I am now?" I rolled my eyes expecting to know the answer already but Charlotte surprised me.
"No, I think he just told Christian, but I don't think anyone else knows." I was confused. I was expecting him to tell everyone, but I guess he didn't.

————————

Red Bull's music was blasting through the pitlane. They were known for putting their music on full volume. I missed even small things like that. They were the neighbors of Mercedes in the pitlane so I would be hearing it all the time.

Practice was about to start, I sat down in the back of the garage by myself. It was a perfect place, no cameras could see me, but I could see the tv to watch the practice.

And there he was, they showed Max walking in the garage and putting on his helmet. I squeezed my eyes a little and moved a little closer. He looked pretty fine. He jumped in his car and they zoomed in on his eyes before he closed his vizer and there it was... the look in his eyes Charlotte was referring to.
Those ocean blue eyes I loved so much were now filled with hate, and it was all because of me.

A.N : 3 updates today because I left y'all on a cliffhanger yesterday 😇