34.

I had to go home for a couple of weeks. I couldn't take my exams online so I had to do them here.
It was weird because I've never been to the school before.
It was actually nice to see my parents again, we talked about the races and my classes, I got the feeling they were actually proud of me for once.

They were a little confused about me joining Red Bull instead of Mercedes but I shrugged it off. They wouldn't understand, they would think I am crazy for not telling Max about who I was and can I blame them for that?

We were all sitting together in the living room. My parents didn't really watch formula 1 but they decided to watch it with me.
Both Mercedes cars qualified before Max, so I knew it was going to be a tough race but I knew he could do it.

To everyone's surprise it wasn't Mercedes who was in front but it were the Mclarens. I was happy for Daniel, I knew he had a hard time lately.
Max tried to get closer but he had a slow pitstop which was very unusual for the Red Bull boys.
He sounded angry and annoyed on the radio but luckily Lewis had a slow pitstop as well.
They were going side to side into turn one and they crashed again. Max ended up on top of Lewis. They were both out of the race.
I sighed, laying on the sofa. "The Red Bull took Lewis out, great way to secure his lead." My dad rolled his eyes. I knew Max didn't do it on purpose. He would never want to secure his lead in the championship like that.
Daniel ended up winning, he looked so happy. He deserved it.

———————

I was sitting at the kitchen table, studying for my exams when my mom walked in and sat down next to me. "So how long have you been dating Max?" I immediately looked up from my laptop. How did she know? I took way too much time to reply which made it obvious. "C'mon Rylee I am your mother, I saw how concerned you were after they crashed and I am sure it was more for Max than Lewis." I looked down at my laptop's keyboard. She was right. I liked Lewis a lot but I started to love Max. Who was I kidding. I already loved him.
"Don't tell dad please" she smiled and put her hands on mine.
"I won't tell him, I'm happy he makes you happy. You really changed for the better." I smiled as she got up and walked away.

He really did change me. I wasn't getting drunk anymore, wasn't hooking up with random dudes. I was focused on my school and my job. I finally felt happy again.

I texted Max to ask how he was feeling. He probably was really mad, I was actually happy I didn't need to do his PR today, but I was sad I couldn't be there to cheer him up.
My phone started vibrating. Max texted me back. I smiled when I saw his name but my smile quickly disappeared when I started to read his text.

"You are a Wolff??"