A Moment that Changes Everything

Bella's POV

Nea is letting me in...a little bit at a time, but she is still isolating herself. Just recently, she was lying down and she was barely moving. I tapped her on the shoulder, and she made a move that scared me half to death.....the instant I touched her shoulder, she reached around and grabbed hold of my hand. I was shocked at how fast she moved in response.

Nea - In case you're wondering, I'm not dead....

Bella - Well, you kinda scared me laying there like that.

Nea - Sorry about that.....could you sit next to me?

Bella - Sure.

I sat down next to her, and she moved her head onto my lap. I had a flash of memories run through my mind, as I thought back to when I laid my head on my mom's lap. She used to gently run her fingers across my neck, and I remember that used to put me to sleep. Nea was restless and I could tell it might've been because of the Johnny situation. I ran my fingers across her neck, like mom did with me.....Nea began to relax, and I believe she was asleep by the time her favorite television was over. After a while, I went to sleep without resistance.....a few hours later, I felt something move across my neck. I couldn't tell what it was exactly, but I knew it was wet. I opened my eyes to see Nea looking at me with a weird look in her eyes......

Bella - Did you....?

Nea - Yeah....and what?

Bella - That's weird....especially if you're my sister.

Nea - There is a part of that story you aren't aware of....we aren't sisters.

Bella - Wait....what?

Nea - I knew who you were for years....I followed you for a long time.

Bella - But....what about the fact that we have the same mom?

Nea - I said Kyu because she was my babysitter.....almost like my mother.

Bella - You lied to me....why?

Nea - I didn't have anyone after I found out that she had died.....all I knew was that she had a daughter and I found out that it was you.

Bella - You could've said this from the beginning....

Nea - I'm sorry that I lied....I was afraid that you wouldn't accept me if I told you the truth.

All this time, I thought my mom had another daughter......I thought my dad was the father of Nea.....I was wrong and for the first time, it stung like crazy. Nea hung her head, and she started to get up from the couch. I grabbed her hand, and pulled her closer to me.

Bella - This will be our little secret....

Nea - Well, Kayra knows the story.

Bella - Kayra is a nosy individual.....can't get enough of being in people's business.

Nea - Yep.....

After talking with Nea, I went to go to sleep and all of a sudden.....I feel someone hold me from behind. I gasped, then realized it was Nea. I turned around and looked at her.

Bella - What was that for?

Nea - I just wanted to....

Bella - You've been acting weird, since this afternoon.....is it because of the Johnny situation?

Nea - No....I just like you.

Bella - You....like me?

Nea - Couldn't you tell why I asked for you to sit with me, earlier?

Bella - I should've seen this coming.....

Nea - Yeah....and this....

Bella - Wha......

Out of nowhere, her lips touched mine and I freaked out a bit. I was not expecting this to happen.....in one day, things have changed drastically and I think someone has some explaining to do.

"Your entire life was a lie....."

Figures....well, it makes things easier for me.