The Birth of Hate's Fangs

Bella's POV

My mother, Kyu, usually meditates most of the day, but when she isn't....she usually looks over the water. She says that it keeps her happy, and I see the smile that the water brings to her. There are times where she does cry, but she hides her tears from the rest of the world....I asked her what was wrong, and she responded back by pulling me into her arms. "Some people in this life will hurt you....some people will help build you....some people will break you....be strong, my little girl and do not let anyone take your happiness away....do not be bitter like I was for many years."

I was confused by what she meant, but over time, she explained the story of our family. The story upset me in many ways, then I felt some kind of pain set in on my heart. I started crying uncontrollably to the skies, without any explanation. My mom grabbed me and held me until I calmed down. By the time I had calmed down, she moved her across my shirt.

Bella - What's wrong with my shirt?

Kyu - Check your stomach, Bell....

Bella - Why?

Kyu - No questions...just do it.

Bella - Yes ma'am.

I lifted up my shirt and I saw some weird marking on my stomach. I looked at my mom in confusion....the look on her face told me something was wrong.

Bella - What's wrong with me?

Kyu - There is nothing wrong with you....it's something about that marking that surprises me.

Bella - Tell me....please?

Kyu - That marking on your stomach means "Hate"....this has never been in the family. The only marking that has appeared in the family is the marking of "Death".

Bella - What?

Kyu - Pay attention...

She lifted her tank top, and I saw a marking on her stomach. I have a guess that marking is "Death"....I must be the odd ball in the family.

Bella - Mom....are you the remaining member in the family with that marking?

Kyu - Your cousin, Arrow has it....

Bella - Is he still alive?

Kyu - Yes...but he lives some place that even I can't find him.

Bella - A secluded one....is he at least nice?

Kyu - He's nicer than his brother...I'll tell you that.

Bella - Really?

Kyu - Cousin Nico was a serious jackass....that's why I held you that day when you were only 12, and told you to be strong. He almost broke my will that day, but after I had you.....you mended my heart back with your happiness.

I have never heard my mother say that before, but I guess there's more to her than I know. She started to smile at me and I smiled back at her. In a blink of a second, I passed out without warning. By the time, I woke up....I was in my bed, and I felt different than I did before. I got out bed and walked towards the bathroom, it also occurred to me that it was dark outside....I continued my walk to the bathroom and I turned on the light. The second I did that, I scared myself shitless as I looked into the mirror. My hair had turned black as night (pun not intended), my eyes had become a blood red, my teeth become fangs, and I think my voice got a teeny bit darker than it was. I went to look for my mom, and I found her in the kitchen.

Bella - Mom....what happened to me?

Kyu - I guess that marking has an effect on appearances.

Bella - Do you know anyone else that has this?

Kyu - No....it was never documented in any of the families here on this Earth. I would know because I spent years trying to figure things out about the markings.

Bella - Will I be like this forever?

Kyu - It would seem that way....

Bella - Help me....

Kyu - Walk in the shadows....not to be seen....find the one who caused the pain....who gave the curse of hate.....find the one and break their will 10x over.

Bella - Nico...

Kyu - Yes.

Bella - He caused our family to fall apart....he is the one who needs to be broken like a glass house.

Kyu - Excellent comparison you had there.

Bella - I'll go to the village, and decimate him there.

Kyu - I'm going with you....no objections.

Bella - I wasn't planning on it....besides, you have some revenge on your mind as well.

Kyu - Damn straight....let's get us some of that bastard and put him in his place.

Bella - Well said....time to kick some ass.