The Cure to Pain

Kyu's POV

Ever since I found out what happened to my parents, I haven't stopped thinking about it. I cried myself to sleep, and I thought it would stop there. While I was sleeping, I had weird dreams that woke me up constantly....and they had confused me at first, then it made sense when I wrote them down. One dream was about a man and a woman getting married, and I saw how happy they were. The second dream was about a baby being born into the world, and they were happy as well. The third dream was different....the man and woman were arguing. I saw them stab each other, but.....I thought I heard a soft cry, then it started to get louder. That's when I woke up in Nico's arms.

Nico - Are you ok?

Kyu - No....

Nico - The dreams are getting to you....

Kyu - How do you know that?

Nico - I was there once before in my childhood....it took five years for the dreams to end.

Kyu - Is it gonna be that long before the dreams end for me?

Nico - I wouldn't know about you....the reason it took me that long was because I shunned most of the people here in the town.

Kyu - I have a question.........

Nico - Hmm?

Kyu - Do you remember anything about me since you were there to...handle my parent's burial.

Nico - I used to babysit you when your parents would go out...I was there at your parent's wedding, I was there to help the doctors when you were born, and I was there when your parents had died.

Kyu - Do you know why this symbol appeared on my stomach?

Nico - I was told that a symbol had appeared on your stomach....that symbol runs in your family and in my family as well....only problem is that it skips a generation.

Kyu - What do you mean by that?

Nico - One person in our family was born with it......our 3rd great grandmothers both were born with it. It appears in the odd generations.

Kyu - Kinda like odd numbers?

Nico - Yep.

Kyu - So, I'm in the odd generation....what about you?

Nico - Yep, I'm also in the odd generation....and it can be a good thing, but it could also be a bad thing.

Kyu - Meaning?

Nico - It's good that the symbol will pass on...the bad thing is what comes with it. That's why you had to meditate.

Kyu - What's the bad thing?

Nico - If you don't meditate, the symbol will ultimately take over your mind, body, and soul....completely erasing who you are and that would be bad for all of us.

Kyu - Has that happened before?

Nico - Once before...but not on this island. It happened once on the island I had to put you on.

Kyu - What happened?

Nico - A woman named Abigail was once a peaceful woman....one day, she eradicated most of her family, except for two of her grandchildren. Those two grandchildren created two entirely different families. You and I are part of that family.

Kyu - No way....

Nico - Her eldest grandchild, Violet, took her younger sister and ran before they were victims of their grandmother's wrath.

Kyu - Is Violet still alive?

Nico - She passed a few years ago in her sleep.

Kyu - Oh....and her sister?

Nico - Cadence is....in a coma for unknown period of time.

Kyu - What happened?

Nico - Her husband had put her in the hospital....along with her daughter, Evie.

Kyu - Who is Evie?

Nico - Evie is your grandmother's mom.

Kyu - Why did he put them both in the hospital?

Nico - He used to drink a lot, and it didn't take a lot to make him mad.

Kyu - Did they do something wrong?

Nico - No...he was delusional and began to pound on them both.

I had no idea that I would be related to Nico, but I would've never known that the symbol would also run in the family. After learning everything, I feel somewhat better....the truth kinda feels like a cure. That's just me though, I don't know about anyone else in that case.