Better Off Without You

Bella's POV

I sat with Nea, and something told me that something happened between her and Johnny. Her facial expression did not change, even after sitting here for about 30 minutes. It was a blank stare, filled with emptiness.....I recognized that look because mom had that look one day. I tried to reach out to Nea, but it seemed like my words didn't go through to her.....about a second later, she held my hand. I was stunned to say the least, then she turned her head in my direction. Her expression still is the same as it was before.....she moved closer to me, and she laid her head on my shoulder. I didn't know whether Johnny had said something to her, or she started feeling this way for no apparent reason.

Bella - Nea....are you ok?

She didn't say a word in response....she was dead quiet, and not in a good way at all.

Bella - Nea....did Johnny do something?

Nea - He......

Bella - What?

Nea - He.......

I could tell that her mind was completely agitated, and her thoughts were trailed together. No clear path in her mind....I can see it in her face.

Bella - Calm your mind, Nea.....

She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. I couldn't tell whether it was Johnny....but whatever it was, it almost drove her to a world of emptiness.

Nea - He....doesn't......love me.

Bella - Do you love him?

Nea - Yes....

Bella - And he doesn't love you back?

Nea - That's what he said to me.....he doesn't want me to be near him.....that's why he was hanging around Mike.

Bella - He was avoiding you? That's why he didn't say anything when Mike was picking on you.

Nea - Yeah....

She got up and went inside of the house. I walked in behind her, and she suddenly ran upstairs. I was confused about why, until I looked into the living room.....Johnny was standing right there.

Johnny - I just want to give Nea something....

Bella - You are already hurt her....what more can you give her?

Johnny - There are things that I said....that I didn't mean.

Bella - She said that you had no remorse in your voice....you acted like a cold hearted jackass.

Johnny -I know and I'm sorry about that....I know that she is your sister, and you are trying to protect her. Just....give her this for me.

Bella - I'll do that...but don't expect her to be all giddy about it.

Johnny - Thank you....I'll go now.

I held a box in my hand...and a note was attached to it. I walked upstairs and saw that Nea was waiting on me....I handed her the box and she took it. She took the box to her room, and motioned me to come with her. I watched as she unfolded the box, and I saw her expression fully disappear. It was necklace....not sure what it meant, but I could tell that it hurt her more than anything.

Nea - I....

She got choked up....none of her words could get out. She took the necklace and put next to her jewelry collection, and she pointed to it. I walked over there and saw that she had the same necklace. Only difference is that their names were the separate necklace from the other. She had Johnny's, and he had her's.....I guess this a sign that he wanted to end their friendship.

Nea - I gave him that as a present, back at the orphanage.....he was the only person that I could trust at that time. Now.....I know where he stands in my life. All I wanted was to be with him then....and just recently, I opened my heart up and he stabbed the hell out of me with his words.

Bella - Something mom told me once...."In life, you're better off without certain individuals. Let them walk out of your lives.....but don't let them take your happiness from you....." Be strong, my little sister.....let him leave.

She laid her head on my chest and she started to let her emotions go.....it was hard for me to imagine that he didn't love her and he knew since they were little kids.....he could've given her a chance, but he shot her down and didn't care about her well being. I know guys like that.....and I hate them, to be honest. Yet, there was one exception to my hatred for males. My father is that one exception.......he was a weird man,but he didn't do anything wrong to my mom, she just kicked him out for no reason. I think there was a time where she told herself, but didn't realize that I was listening the whole time...."He gave me another life....another life to look after." My dad was told to leave because.....he had given my mom a second life too.....It sounds confusing to me, but when I think about it.....it seems that mom wanted to have another child, but she wasn't expecting to happen at that time. I guess there is a curse with this family....everyone gets disowned in one way or another.....and it never ends because it happens in every generation. Mom told me that....the family will fall apart before it can ever form a bond. I won't allow that to happen again....I'll do everything to keep my sister from feeling like shit. I will take the family name and do something that no one expected....I did erase the history, and now.....I'm gonna rewrite that history with one that will be a lot better than before.