The Dream

Kyu's POV

There was this dream I had last night that kinda scared me, and I explained it to Nico.

Kyu - I was in an arena, and there were a bunch of thugs that surrounded me. I was kicking their asses all over the place. Just when I beat them all, I heard a voice saying something in a faint whisper....it was a female voice, but I think I recognized the voice a little. Just as the voice began to get louder, a giant shadow appeared in front of me, and almost squashed me into the ground. It had red eyes....it looked a woman, but like she was possessed by demons.

He listened to me....the first person to actually listen to me since I got here. When I finished the story, he asked a few questions about what the voice was saying.....he even asked about the shadow demon, which I thought he wouldn't understand it.

Kyu - The voice sounded like a whisper at first....then it progressed to a yell....

Nico - So, it sounded like someone was yelling at you....what was being said the whole time.

Kyu - All I heard was the word, weak.....that was the only word I could make out of the yell.

Nico - It sounds like somewhere in your mind, you may have retained a piece of your mother's voice....the symbol on your stomach possibly didn't erase that part of your memory.

Kyu - Wait....so, I couldn't remember my parents....yet, I remember my mother's voice?

Nico - It's possible that the effects of the symbol didn't reach the maximum peak of completely erasing your memory.

Kyu - You said this symbol runs in the family....has something like this ever happened before....did someone managed to undo the effects of the symbol?

Nico - Take it easy with the questions....and yes, someone in our family managed to fight against the effects of the symbol. It didn't completely wear off...but at some point, her sheer will power began to undo the symbol's primary effect, leaving the secondary effects still intact.

Kyu - Primary was the memory loss....what's the secondary effect?

Nico - The secondary effects involved the person's dreams.....it messes with what the person remembers from their past.

Kyu - You think that I remember my mother's voice, and the secondary effects are causing the problem?

Nico - Exactly....but there is a way to undo the symbol's effects for good, and it will be like a fashion accessory afterwards.

Kyu - I see.....but what if I don't want to undo the symbol?

Nico - That might accelerate the effects once again...but ten times worse.

Kyu - What?

Nico - Your mother, Lora, is a prime example of this.....she was stubborn and didn't want to listen to people when the gave her advice. After you were born, she had stopped fighting against the symbol, and it began to take her away from reality.

Kyu - But why......why did both of my parents die that night?

Nico - Your mother lost who she was....she began having nightmares that you were the "weak link" in the family. That would explain why you heard weak in your dream last night.....your father tried to bring her back, but she fought against him.

Kyu - So, he died trying to bring her back?

Nico - It seemed that way...but in order to bring her back to who she was, he killed her as well.

Kyu - Did it work?

Nico - Well, no one really knows for sure, but it is certain that your father may have saved you from suffering the full effects.

So, my mother lost herself...and my father tried to keep from going through the same thing in later years. All I have to do is fight and it will go away....it sounds complicated, but it can be done.