21 - Final

YEJI

"Mrs. Shin," My secretary called so I turned to her. "Are you gonna continue the project today?" She asks me.

"I already finished earlier Gaeun." I chuckled. "Right, sorry ma'am. I'm very forgetful." She apologises and looks at the papers. "Don't worry, that's very understandable. I tend to forget things too, you're not alone." I lightly chuckle.

"Anyways, my wife and my kids are probably causing ruckus in the house, it's my off tomorrow. I'll see you Gaeun." I picked my bag up and turned to Gaeun. "See you ma'am." She smiled and I reciprocated it and left my office.

I arrive at home, parking my car at the garage. I think they're having dinner right now.

The lights were off. Hmm, this early?

I opened the door and took off my heels. "I'm home!" I called but nobody answered. I guess they're asleep? But I heard loud noises coming from the living room.

I shut the door behind me and rushed to the living room. Only to see them watching a video, wait. Is that our wedding video?

"Ehem!" I faked cough loudly to get their attention. "I'm home." I smiled after. "Mom!" Jinni ran to me. I bend down a bit to carry her.

"How are my babies?" I asked Jinni and booped her nose. "Doing great mom! Mama showed us your wedding video." She smiled brightly causing her whisker dimples to show.

"Hey love, finally you're back home. They have been wanting to stay up late just to wait for you." Ryujin got up from the sofa and approached me giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"Yejun?" He faced me when I called. "Yes mom?" He tilted his head. "Aren't you gonna greet mom?" I frowned. "No." He crossed his arms.

"Yejun. Your mom just got home from work and she's tired, atleast just give her a hug." Ryujin sat beside him and explained carefully.

I just love how understanding and careful Ryujin is with our kids. It makes me wanna have 10. Just kidding!

I put Jinni down so she can play with her toys.

Yejun got up from the sofa and walked to me slowly. "Mom," He speaks and I hum, a sign for him to continue. "I'm sorry my attitude was like that, sorry mom. I know your work is very hard, I was just upset that you came home late. We wanted to have game night.." Yejun pouts.

"Aw my sweet baby, I understand. I miss you just as much. How about we have family time tomorrow? Mama and I don't have work tomorrow." I asked him and his eyes sparkled. "Really mom? I would love that!" He jumped in joy.

Me and Ryujin are on the sofa talking while the kids are playing with their toys. "Mom," Jinni taps my knee so I quickly payed attention to her. "Are grangi and granrene visiting tomorrow?" Jinni asked me.

"Yes, they will." I smiled and she cheered. She loved her grandparents over. The kids call Momma Seulgi 'Grangi' in a mix of grandmother and Seulgi. As for Mommy Irene, it's 'Granrene' well you sorta get how it works. A mix of grandmother and Irene.

As for Ryujin's parents. The kids call them mashin and pashin. A bit cheesy but cute.

"Okay kiddos, I know you're having fun but it's past your bed time." Ryujin gets up and puts her hands on her hips. "Mama up." Jinni commands and reaches her arms out for Ryujin to carry her.

I stood up and was about to carry Yejun to his room but Ryujin prevented me not to. "Nope nuh uh not now love, you're tired. Go get rest, I'll handle the kids and clean up." She smiles at me. "Are you sure?" I asked. She gave me a reasurring smile and kissed my forehead.