19

YEJI

It's been 5 months ever since we graduated college. Moms already gave me the CEO position in the company. A lot has been happening throughout these months.

I still remember that night 5 months ago, Ryujin was right. My finger did look plain. She could propose any moment now. I don't know what plan she has but I hope it's a good one.

I'm trying to know her plans but I also wanna be surprised. You never know, today could be the day.

I was just scrolling on social media, not until I recieved a call from Chaeryeong.

📞Calling...(Chaeryeong)

"Hey Chaer what's up?"

"Yeji unnie! Come here quick! Ryujin isn't breathing!"

"What? Chaer are you serious!? Call an ambulance!"

"We did! It's taking so long... Just come here! Now! I'll send you the loc. Go go!"

"Okay okay I'll be right—" I was cut off by Chaeryeong hanging up. "—there.."

I started my car and quickly drove over to the location.

As soon as I got out of the car, I panicked and saw a lit up venue. With lots of fairy lights. Huh?

I immediately saw Winter. "Minjeong!" I called. "Oh, Yeji! Go straight." Winter pointed to the beautiful venue. "Huh? Where's Ryujin?" I asked.

"No more buts and questions, just go!" Winter pushed me and I was just forced to go to the center.

I saw rose petals all over.

I saw a stage and a sofa down the audience area. I guess I have to sit on the sofa?

As soon as I sat down on the sofa, the stage lit and appeared Ryujin. Oh thank goodness she's okay!

She held the mic and started singing Paris In The Rain by Lauv.

"All I know is (ooh ooh ooh)
We could go anywhere, we could do
Anything, girl, whatever the mood we're in"

"Yeah all I know is (ooh ooh ooh)
Getting lost late at night, under stars
Finding love standing right where we are, your lips"

"They pull me in the moment
You and I alone and
People may be watching, I don't mind"

"'Cause anywhere with you feels right
Anywhere with you feels like Paris in the rain
Paris in the rain"

"We don't need a fancy town
Or bottles that we can't pronounce
'Cause anywhere, babe
Is like Paris in the rain
When I'm with you ooh ooh ooh
Paris in the rain
Paris in the rain"

She finished only a bit of the song and we talked using our eyes. She invited me to the stage and held my hands. "Gosh, I thought something was gonna happen to you. You know how worried I was!?" I said and she looked at me with apologetic eyes.

"Sorry love, it's just that. I wanted to scare you first befors giving you excitement." She chuckled. "Anyways, how about we get to the point why we're here?" She suddenly took a deep breath and started speaking.

"Look Yeddeong, ever since I saw you. I felt happy, even though I told my friends I could care less about the new transferee. Well look at us now, turns out we were made for each other. You know, I love you, words can't even express how much I do. I may not show it a lot but I love you, so much. And that will never change, and I thought to myself that this is the life I dreamt of, the girl I love the most is with me right here on this beautiful day, standing right in front of me. Thank you Yeddeong. I appreciate you everyday, take care of me when we're getting sick. You accept everything about me. You always say that you think my flaws are charms. You made me feel more confident about myself. I learned to love myself because of you. I wanna be the first one to see you everyday. I want to be the person to wake up next to you everytime. Before you came, I felt empty. Like a piece was missing and now.." She paused. I was already tearing up.