1.

I sat in the waiting room of the airport in Portugal. I can't believe my mom send me to live with my uncle for a whole year. Okay I haven't been the easiest in recent years, but what does she think this will accomplish?
That I suddenly know what I want to do with my life? That I suddenly know if I still want to study or go to work?
Don't get me wrong, I really liked my uncle but he was always busy with those fast cars, so he'll have no time for me whatsoever. Especially now Lewis wants to win his 8th World Championship.

I shook my head until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up and saw an unfamiliar face. "Are you miss Wolff?" Oh great, he didn't have time to come and pick me up himself. "Yep that's me." I got up and grabbed my luggage following the man my uncle hired to pick me up.
"Mr Wolff excuses himself, he is stuck at the track." I shrugged my shoulders. I should have known. It's Saturday so qualifying day. I got in the car, putting my headphones on. "Can you bring me to my hotel please?" I assumed he had at least booked me a hotel room. I saw him talking, but I couldn't understand him through my headphones. I took them off and asked if he could repeat. I hoped I had read his lips wrong. "Mr. Wolff asked to drop you off at the track"
I had read his lips correctly. I sighed and put my headphones back on.

I looked outside. Portugal was beautiful, but I probably was gonna spend it at a racing track the entire time. This was gonna be a long year.

The driver dropped me off at the track. "I will take your luggage to your hotel room." Oh great my luggage was going to have a nicer time than me.

I walked to the entrance of the track. I stopped and looked around me. How am I supposed to get in here? No one knows me and no one knows that I am the niece of Toto Wolff. I can't walk up to someone and say "Hi I'm Toto Wolff's niece, let me in." I sighed. I just wanted to go home already. They can't force me to be here, I'm an adult. I turned around but ran into someone. "Oh for fuck's sake watch out" I said as I looked up. "Wow someone is in a bad mood" the guy replied. He had a certain accent, but I couldn't immediately tell from where he was. "You can't get in?" He pointed to the entrance. I saw he had a paddock pass, so it was time bring out my best lies. "It's my first day and I forgot my pass. I have to go back and get my pass but then I'll be late and yeah..." I tried to sound as sad and nervous as possible. "And they don't like that" He completed my sentence. I nodded in agreement. He was probably working here in one the garages so he knew the drill. "I'll let you in, but don't tell anyone I did okay?" I nodded again and got in with him. How could I even tell someone that he let me in. I don't even know his name.

"Good luck on your first day and I hope I'll see you around again" He winked, leaving in a hurry. He probably was late himself.

Yeah well you'll probably see me around because I'll be here for a whole damn year. I walked to the Mercedes garage and I saw Toto sitting in his usual spot. "Well thank you for picking me up from the airport." I said while walking to him being as dramatic as I could. "Ah you made it! Wait how did you get in? I thought you would text me to let you in." He turned around, having a suprised look on his face. "Some engineer let me in. He felt sorry that I had to be in the Mercedes garage." I smiled as I gave him a shove. Toto rolled his eyes. "Are you gonna watch the qualification?" I looked around as everyone was getting ready for Q1. I knew a little bit about this sport but I never really understood the buzz around it. "Nah, I'm going to go find Angela. We have a lot to catch up on." I gave my uncle a kiss on the cheek and went to find Angela.

I was glad Angela was working for Lewis. She was someone I could still gossip to and talk about other things than F1. Like that handsome engineer who let me in earlier. Maybe I should ask if she knows him, even though I don't even know his name.