054

The night consisted of nurses constantly being in and out checking on me, while I was in and out of consciousness. If you ask me, they definitely gave me something that made me more sleepy, because no matter what I couldn't keep my eyes open.

The whole night I was begging them to let me go to my sisters room, but they wouldn't let me. I don't remember who all came to visit me last night, but I remember seeing Robin and May. Now, I'm attempting to eat this terrible hospital breakfast while I recall what happened to Steve and Robin.

I feel terrible about how I reacted towards Robin yesterday, so I've been trying my best to listen to what she has to say. I've been avoiding talking about Eddie, but I know Robin wouldn't lie to me, so now I'm ready to remember what all happened that night, even though I know it's going to hurt.

I've been telling Robin the story of what happened when we were gone, at least the way I remember it, but as I start to tell it I realize that some of it may not make sense. I'm certain Dustin hurt his leg, but I only recall him not hurting it. It's all confusing.

"And then it's all fuzzy. I remember Lucas telling me about Max, but that's it."  I explain, finishing telling Robin the story of what happened when we weren't together. It's the first time that I've been able to tell the whole story without getting teared up thinking about Max. Speaking of Max, I need to go to her room and visit her.

"Sam-" Robin starts, but I quickly interrupt her. I already know she's going to talk about Max, and I don't want to think about that right now. I know she's okay, she's just... resting. Vecna took quite the toll on her, and he hurt her a lot.

"No, I'm starting to do better. She's not dead, she's just asleep. She'll wake up." I reply to her, and she reaches her hand out, touching my arm softly. She has a look of concern on her face, and I can't figure out why she's more upset about all of this than I am. "No, Sam, that's not the problem. Remember when I told you that you hit your head really hard?"

"Yeah, why?" I ask, confused as to why she's bringing all of this up. I'm well aware of how I ended up in the hospital, I definitely made the wrong decision when I went back into the gate. I landed and hit my head hard which earned me a lovely head injury.

"I think your memory is really bad, or somehow you are blocking out what really happened, but I need you to remember." She says, and I look at Steve sitting in the chair, and he has the same look on his face. I look at Robin, still confused as to what's going on. I can admit that my head has been a little fuzzy, and I've been sleeping the past couple of days, but I definitely remember what happened that night.

"Remember what?" I question, suddenly getting angry. I'm not stupid, I know exactly what happened. Honestly, I don't even want them in my room right now. I want to be alone. I want to be with Eddie, not them questioning me about everything even though I've already explained it.

"What really happened two days ago in the upside down. What you remember is not right. We found you at the trailer." She says softly, and I can tell she's trying to comfort me, but it's not working. "Sam, just- try to remember." Steve says, finally speaking up. I look at him, then I quickly look away, closing my eyes and trying to remember that night.

"I love you so much, Samantha Violet Mayfield." He whispers. "I love you more. A million times more." I reply.

"Not... possible." He barely gets out, and I look at Dustin before looking back down at him. "Please don't leave me. I don't wanna say goodbye." I say to him, and he shakes his head no.

"Not a goodbye... I'll see you later." He says, grabbing onto my hand and interlocking our fingers. He rubs his finger over the ring he gave to me earlier. "No, baby, please."