006

"He was right here, I told him to stay right here while I talked to Eddie's uncle." She says, and I nod, beginning to walk around and seeing if he had got interested in something and gotten distracted.

"Fred! Fred where are you?" I yell out, knowing that even if he heard me he probably wouldn't recognize my voice. I continued to yell though because Nancy was looking worried sick about where he was at.

Nancy continues to yell his name as we both walk around looking for him. I have no idea where this kid could've wandered off, and I definitely had things that I needed to be doing, but for once I was thinking about what Robin said.

Maybe this argument that we had going on was stupid, but I knew both of our egos were too big to just let it go. We both got too caught up in everything and now everything was awkward. I don't even know when it started, but it might've been when she kept making comments about me dating Steve.

She made it a big deal, even after she told me hundreds of times that she was over Steve and completely in love with Jonathan. I guess it was my fault for not believing her.

"So are we still on for tonight? I can go rent the movies." Nancy says, smiling widely and walking up to me. I really wanted to hang out with her, but Steve had asked me on yet another date and I couldn't blow him off.

"Can we rain check for tomorrow, please? I actually ended up having plans, and I can't cancel on them." I say back, and she rolls her eyes playfully at me. "You and your boy toy must have plans again." She says as she softly hits my shoulder, and I close my locker and turn to her.

"You just blew me off last week for Jonathan, let me enjoy my fun in peace. And he's not a boy toy, I've told you so many times who I'm dating." I reply back to her as we started making our way down the hallway. I had only known Nancy for a couple of weeks, but she was the only person I really talk to. A lot of these people at this school are.. how do I nicely say it?

Weird.

"Yeah right. I highly doubt that Steve is getting into another relationship. Just be careful, he's known for sleeping with girls and leaving them." She says, and my eyes widen at her comment after all that I had learned about their previous relationship.

"Are you sure you're okay with me dating Steve? I know you care, but I don't think he's that kind of guy, and if he well then I guess I learned my lesson." I breathe out, and she purses her lips before standing in front of me.

"I'm okay with it, it's just a little weird."

"Okay, I'm seriously confused Nance, you're the one who told me to go for it." I say, looking into her eyes in confusion. "I didn't think you would actually do it, and I didn't think it would go this far."

"So you were just setting me up for failure?" I question, and I stop walking in the hallway and just stand in the middle of it.

"No- that's not what I-"

"Save it." I reply, walking past her and towards my class.

Even after that we were fine. We'd gotten closer than ever after everything that happened in Hawkins, but then it all faded. The final thing was when Billy died she wasn't there for me, and I think that's what hurt me the most.

It was constant bickering between us, and I'm sure the group was tired of it, but I refuse to be the first one to break and apologize. I know it's so much easier to be the bigger person, but I refuse. This is an argument that I refuse to break down on.

I walk up to a nice elder couple sitting on the outside of their trailer, and I walk up to them. "Hey, I'm Sam I live right there," I say pointing to my house before continuing, "Have you seen a friend of mine? Uh, he's short, has glasses, typical nerd, you know? Big scar on his face." I say, and they both shake their heads no, and I sigh walking down from them.