40. 𝘼𝙥𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙥𝙞𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚

☀️ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

*

* . °•★|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

"Last time huh?" I teased as Steve walked into the living room dressed in his captain america suit. We were heading to the compound. Or the remains of the compound. We were heading there later for one final mission. I laughed. "I'm going to miss that suit. We had some fun times."

"We are right here you guys." Sam muttered mortified from the couch. Wanda sits next to him with a bucket of ice cream that they were sharing. "Get a room." Veronica says as she walks past and already heads for the door. It was a miracle she woke up anyway. She's not a morning person.

"Jesus christ I can't make a joke around here anymore can I?" I muttered and Steve chuckled. "Not like that."

Sam, Wanda and Veronica were going to be living with us for the time being. Well Wanda and Veronica were. Sam still has his house, he just hasn't gone yet. Bucky was living with us till we helped him find his own place in Brooklyn, Veronica and Wanda were going to be leaving eventually once the new job gets their apartment. But for now they were all here. Thankfully we had enough space.

Besides, the kids love having them here.

I pulled out my phone and texted my brother I was on my way to New Asgard later. He plans to leave with the Guardians. "Find himself" as he told me. I was reluctant to let him go but I understood. We had to make a pit stop but he is not leaving without me getting to say goodbye first.

"Wanda you coming with?" Steve asked as we all headed to the door. Wanda shakes her head, putting the bucket of ice cream on the coffee table. "I'm fine here. I'll stay with the kids."

"Okay but no powers before breakfast." I warned and Wanda pretended to be hurt by the order. With that, Steve and I took Sam with us to the non damaged ground of the compound. It was hard seeing what used to be our home now reduced to ashes. The girls and I tried seeing if we could salvage anything but everything was gone. It hit Veronica the hardest.

"Hey guys." Sam waves as we approach Bruce, Bucky and Kilorn. They set up a new quantum portal for our last and final mission. Nina jumps down from the device. "Hey guys." I smiled as Veronica opened her bag to pull out the folder with stacks of papers for Nina and Kilorn.

"I've got an apartment set up for you in Queens like you asked. New identities, your new lavish resume for work. Fake school grades and such if Nina decides to go to school. And I added a photostetic veil for you because well obviously none of this will work if everyone recognizes you."

Kilorn takes the folder and flips through it. "Thanks Veronica, we really appreciate it."

Veronica nods and points to Nina and the boys. "I'm going to go help Bruce out." She basically sprints away like an eager little kid. Veronica was really excited to catch up on the technology advancements we've made since 2018.