38. 𝙉𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙠𝙞𝙣

☀️ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

*

* . °•★|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

NINAS POV

I knocked on the door. My stomach was in so many knots I could throw up on the spot. Kilorn came with me; Aurora and Clint preferred to stay home given what had actually happened.

But they did help us track them down. Their last known location.

The door flung open and they were all at the door. Melina and Alexi. "Oh mein du!" Melina exclaimed in relief before she grabbed me and wrapped me in a hug. And Alexi joined as well.

And as much as I loved seeing them again, but I wasn't here for a courtesy call. I was here to tell them about Mom. But I couldn't help falling into the hug.

"Oh Nina, you have no idea how good it is to see you." She said, pulling away to study my face. "You haven't changed a bit." She paused to look up at Kilorn behind me. "You have."

Kilorn gives her a small smile. "It's good to see you guys again."

Alexi had a wide smile on his face and open arms, waving us inside the house. "Come, come in. Yelena should be arriving soon so we can make it a family reunion."

That's ironic. A family reunion. I suppose I should wait till Yelena gets here. Saves me the trouble of having to tell them twice.

They brought us both inside and offered us coffee. For the most part, Alexi made small talk. Boastful talking of the hypothetical money they were sure to receive because of their years away.

I doubt it to be honest.

"Melina! Alexi!" I looked up from my lap when I heard Yelenas voice and she came inside. She must have been on a mission when she blipped because she was wearing her snowsuit.

"Nina!" Yelena ran up and wrapped me in a hug. So tight that I almost couldn't breathe. "Hey Kilorn." She waved at him and he smiled lightly. "Hey Yels."

Yelena smiled as she let me go and went to Melina and Alexi. They embraced and I crossed my arms anxiously with what I was about to tell them.

"Nina are you alright?" Alexi questioned once they all parted. "You haven't spoken one bit." Now they all wore curious and concerned faces. I took a deep breath and looked at Kilorn for help; he only nodded and came to stand beside me.

Here goes nothing. "It's about Mom-"

"Oh where is she?" Yelena asked, looking around. "Is she with the avengers posing?" She joked and Kilorn laughed humorously.