33. 𝙉𝙖𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙖

☀️ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

*

* . °•★|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

After a while we activated our Quantum suits and we shrank back to the present day.

I opened my eyes as soon as we landed back on the platform. We were all here, our suits dematerialized, revealing the clothes we had under. I wasn't about to ask why Steve was wearing different clothes, or why Tony was as well. I had different things on my mind.

"Did we get them all?" Bruce was the first to ask.

"You telling me this'll actually work?" Rhoedy questioned.

They still hadn't noticed till Clint fell on his knees. I almost followed him, instead I held onto his shoulder. But I can't stomach facing the others. By now they realized someone was missing from our team.

"Clint, Aurora, where's Nat?" Kilorn asked wearily.

The silence from Clint and I tells them all they need to know. And everyone got silent really fast. I still can't look up at them. "No..." Kilorn breathed out and I could only manage to nod, getting on my knees because if I kept standing I was eventually going to fall. I can't stand to look at their faces, only holding onto Clint for support.

"Open the portal!" Kilorn shouts at Bruce who was hesitant. "Kilorn-"

"No damit open the portal Bruce!" Kilorn shouts, the quiver in his voice is obvious. "We need to get her back. I- !"

I sniffed, wiping my tears away. "She's not coming back." I muttered softly. Red Skull explained that. A soul for a soul. Even if we could, she would despise us for getting her back over all of the others.

Bruce slumped on the ground and Kilorn shakes his head in denial. "No. What are we-" He collected himself and his emotions better than either of us could right now. "What are we gonna tell Nina?" I have no idea.

"Do we know if she had family?" Tony asked. Rocket was with all the stones back in the compound. The rest of us sit around the lake trying to process everything. Clint and I told them everything that happened. The whole "a soul for a soul" thing. How we fought...how she won.

I nodded. "Us." I was going to add about the others but kept quiet. If Natasha never told the others about them I probably shouldn't either.

"What?" Thor asked, confused. I think he was still a little drunk so it hasn't gotten to him yet.

"I just asked him a question–"

Thor nodded dismissively. "Yeah, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones," Thor whirled around to Steve who sits quietly next to me. "Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right?"