39. 𝘼 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙤'𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙮𝙚

☀️ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

*

* . °•★|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

AURORAS POV

"Maybe we should have made time for the others to meet the kids?" I muttered as Steve parked the car right out front Pepper's house. It was the day of Tony's funeral. Everyone was here. Natasha's funeral was going to be separate; later tonight in Ohio.

And with all the planning and trying to get the world somewhat in order there wasn't any time for the kids to meet everyone till now. At a funeral of all places.

"Yeah well if anything is going to make today a somewhat happy day it's going to be this." Steve said with a sigh. He had a point. Freya and Jamie refused to leave Morgan's side after what happened. And then they refused to leave Nina's side. So I guess today is when they were meeting everyone.

"Let's not keep everyone waiting then."

We got out of the car, dressed in appropriate funeral arrangements and got the kids out. Everyone drove separately. So most of them would arrive soon.

We offered Pepper our condolences. And as sad as the occasion was, it was nice to see everyone together again. We met a few new faces. The Bartons all came and it was nice to see them all again. Nina was a little out of place so I led her to meet everybody.

Laura chokes back a gasp when she sees her. "Oh I'm sorry," she apologized before smiling sadly. "You just look a lot like your mom."

Nina sighed and offered up a smile. "Yeah I get that a lot."

"We're sorry about Nat." Cooper offered his condolences and Lila nodded. "She was an amazing aunt, I'm sure she was an even better mom." Nina nodded, her eyes looking watery from the tears building up. "Yeah she was." Kilorn rubbed her shoulder and Nina nodded greatfully.

Nina sniffed. "Maybe you could tell me more about her? I didn't really know her for long."

Cooper and Lila nod. "Sure." The three of them excused themselves and went away to talk. Kilorn looked a little more at ease. It was nice seeing Nina make some friends. It's not like when she was with us she had chances to meet new people.

Laura changes her sad expression for a happy one as she crouches down to reach the kids level. "And you two must be Freya and Jamie. We've heard so much about you."

Freya and Jamie both smiled at them all. "I'm Nate." Nate said as he extended his hand to Jamie. And I just remembered they are both technically the same age.

"Jamie." Jamie said and they shook hands. "Hey why don't you two go and hang out while the parents talk." Clint told them and they both went off to do just that. I couldn't help smile. Jamie just might have made his first friend.