11. 𝘽𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙮

☀️ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

*

* . °•★|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

NINAS POV

"I said no, end of discussion." I turned my sighs back on the windshield in front of me. Staring out at the green landscape we were passing.

Mom grabbed the back of my chair and turned me back around. She has her arms crossed, eyebrows furrowed and lips in a straight line. "No, it's the end of discussion when I said it is."

Wow she's taking this mom thing very seriously.

"Mom, you guys need me." I tried to explain why they needed me, but she doesn't let me get a word out.

"I am not letting you. This isn't like Dreykov and the Red Room." Mom said she was almost shouting. "Thanos killed Thor and Rory." She reminded me, lowering her voice as she said it.

I pout. I know that. He killed her best friend.

"If he could kill them, I am not letting you anywhere near this fight."

"But that's not fair!" I shouted, standing up from my seat. "I'm 16, not a child!"

"You're a minor." She reminded me sternly. "And my responsibility. I'm your mother, it's not your choice."

I stopped myself from arguing more with her. It was clear she wanted to bench me from this mission. But still. If some alien is going to come to earth and use the dubbed most powerful weapons in the universe like hell I'm not helping.

"Where am I going to go then?" I questioned her. "Back to Virginia with Freya? Alexi and Melina in Ohio? Yelena?"

Mom was about to say something but pulled back. Her eyes darted to the ground as she stopped to think.

"Mom, we can't afford any more delays." I reminded her. It took us hours to fly Freya back to Virginia so she could stay with Aurora's friends. And we were way closer to Scotland than Virginia.

It's going to take hours to get to Ohio. And to get in contact with our family. Mom sighed, blowing out her breath. "We have to get Vision to Wakanda now." I stated. I planted myself firmly to show I wasn't leaving. "So, I'm staying."

Mom looked up to glare at me annoyed for a slight second. "Jesus, was I this stubborn as a kid?" She muttered under her breath. Mom sighed and straightened up. "Fine. But you're staying with Vision and Wanda."

Aw. I kind of wanted to get to fight some aliens. Oh well I'll take what I can get.

The Quinjet passes through a camouflage force field into Wakanda. As we arrived at the palace, I saw Kilorns face looking sick from thought.

"You don't look so good." I note. Mom overheard and approached. "Are you sure you're up for this?"

Kilorn nodded, but he didn't look as convinced. "I'm fine." Mom and I exchanged looks. We all disembark the Quinjet to meet T'Challa and his Dora Milaje halfway.