sixteen | apologies

It was awkward for the both of them to meet each other's gaze every time they were in the hallway.

As for Mingyu, he's been avoiding Wonwoo to the point that he couldn't come to their office but does his stuff in the café instead.

"Why is he avoiding me," Wonwoo whispered to himself while walking.

"Who?" The older beside him asked.

Wonwoo ignored him and brushed it off. Jisoo on the other side got curious, sending him to bug him.

"You're dating a colleague?" The older chuckled.

"Should I resign then?" Wonwoo mumbled.

"Man," Jisoo laughed again. "That's not allowed, right?"

Wonwoo wanted to be rude as he is to him, but he couldn't think of other things besides the younger who keeps avoiding him as if he were carrying a deadly virus.

"Walk up to that person and just kiss them," Jisoo chuckled.

"That's rude, Shua," Wonwoo replied.

"Well, that's how I confessed to Yu-ri because I kept stuttering,"

"Yu-ri hates perverts," Wonwoo argued.

"I'm not! I'm a gentleman!" Jisoo defended himself.

"He wouldn't like that," Wonwoo whispered to himself, but it was clear enough for Jisoo to understand.

"He?" He asked, teasing him as if he hadn't noticed.

The younger's narrow eyes broadened when he just exposed himself.

"Oh, oh," Jisoo scoffs. "Mingyu, huh? I'm sure he'll like it," He chuckled.

"Shut up, Joshua," Wonwoo scowls.

---

When Wonwoo finally decided what to do to reassure his relationship with Mingyu, whether it was a joke or what, he began to look for Mingyu.

Then there he is again, with that one girl he was mostly talking to last time when he saw him in the second building.

He laughed in the back of his mind, knowing that this girl is one of those who likes Jisoo. The handsome but a sucker in love, Hong Jisoo.

He stood in front of them as they were walking in his direction, and when they realized it, they stopped.

Mingyu's lips slightly parted in shock, and as for the girl, she's just confused to see the snobbish guy.

"You're that stunned to even run out of words to say?" He asks in his smoked voice, trying to sound normal.

Mingyu still hasn't spoken, knowing what he did.

Then as for Wonwoo, to get back at Jisoo for teasing him earlier and for his friend who was the root of all this mess, "Hong Jisoo wants to see you, tell him he owes me one," Wonwoo gave her a playful wink.

The girl's confused face beamed. "Huh?"

"Just don't tell Li-a," Wonwoo shrugged.

With that said, the girl excused herself, leaving Wonwoo and Mingyu alone.

Wonwoo's face immediately softens after seeing Mingyu's expression.

"Why... Why have you been ignoring me?" His deep voice immediately sounded so serene.

Mingyu didn't know what to say, knowing he was at fault for avoiding the older instead of confronting him.

Wonwoo gently held his hand to intertwine their fingers.

"The office..." His shyness happened to take over his confidence again.

---

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, Wonu-ya. I got impulsive again after finding out that you left me for Yu-ri... Not that I hate her, but... I really want your attention, I'm sorry,"

Wonwoo stared at Mingyu's eyes, teary after speaking with a broken voice.

Wonwoo didn't know what to say, all of the words he composed earlier suddenly went gone when he finally heard his voice.

"Please don't hate me, Wonu," Mingyu sniffed.

"Saranghaeyo, Wonwoo-ya..."