thirteen | stuck in another's problem

"I have to tell you something regarding this project," Jisoo says as an excuse.

Mingyu stood up from his seat, "Excuse me, I forgot the laptop,"

The moment Mingyu left the office, the older decided to begin speaking more comfortable.

"I... I kind of broke Yu-ri's heart,"

Wonwoo was confused. "What are you talking about?" He asked, clueless.

Jisoo sighs. "I guess you didn't know,"

"Know what?"

"Yu-ri likes me... For three years already."

Wonwoo crossed his arms and his legs to listen as Jisoo explains.

"For years this career has been my biggest dream," He mumbles. "After finding out, I didn't know what to do, I was too scared that I have to sacrifice this,"

Wonwoo nodded, "Did you tell her? Is that how you broke her heart?"

"Yes," The older answered.

"It's normal, Joshua. She liked you that long, being rejected would be really hard to accept," Wonwoo says.

"But... I knew about it for two years, and I couldn't lie to her face... I told her about it," He answered.

Wonwoo clenched his jaw out of rage, "You bastard," He says before storming out.

---

"Yu-ri? Nam Yu-ri, it's me, open this door!"

It was his fourth knock on Yu-ri's door and she still hasn't answered nor opened it. Wonwoo was already annoyed at being ignored by her that he finally decided to aggressively knock to irritate the girl instead.

"What are you doing here,"

Wonwoo saw how she looks. Dark circles were formed under her eyes, the dress she was wearing was still the one that she wore at her party, which had already been days ago.

"What the hell happened to you?" Wonwoo went inside immediately, not even answering her question.

The young girl smiled weakly. "Shua messed with my feelings,"

"God, let's skip this for a while, shower up," Wonwoo rapidly went through her closet and gave her a pair of clothes and a towel.

"Wonwoo-ya," Yu-ri stomped her feet like a child, not wanting to follow him.

"Yu-ri, you look like a corpse, we'll talk once you're done," Wonwoo sermons.

As she was inside the bathroom, Wonwoo ran through her pantry to make something for her to eat.

Confused and upset, Wonwoo hates the fact that both of his friends are in conflict right now.

This is why we shouldn't date people in our circle, he said in the back of his mind.

---

"I didn't even tell you because he's in your circle of friends... And," She chuckles weakly. "Then all of a sudden, he'll tell me about it? That he knows for... Two years? And he acts around like he hates me, making me doubt myself sometimes. He even told me about it on my birthday,"

"He's annoying, Wonwoo... I feel like my feelings were played," Tears began to stream down.

Wonwoo knows how determined his friend is for being so sentimental that he spent three days with her just to make sure she's okay.

Yu-ri was his first friend, and she means so much to her. But the fact that he left his work for days and his projects were piled up annoys him, even worse, he couldn't be with that first person who liked him in such a loving way.

Mingyu has been messaging him non-stop for disappearing, but he ignored him, not knowing what to reply. He didn't want to tell him about Yu-ri's situation, and he couldn't lie either. He decided that ignoring him would be the best way.

"Yu-ri, you have to fight. I wouldn't be by your side forever, if you don't learn to stand up for yourself, you could lose," Wonwoo advised while they were both in the living room.

Wonwoo lying on the sofa, while Yu-ri's lying on the floor.

"Can we please hang out? I really want to forget about your bestie. I hate him,"

"Now you'll use me," Wonwoo rolls his eyes. "Joshua is new to this, he didn't know what to do," He defended.

"I still deserved an explanation. I felt like a fool being discreet, not knowing that he already knows," Yu-ri complained.

"Fine. Just for a week, Yu-ri, I can't be with you all the time,"

---

"I've known for two years, I was selfish and I'm sorry," Jisoo says when he was with Wonwoo once again

"I can't blame you... But, I hope you're aware of your actions," He replied.

Jisoo sighed. "I like her, you know? I just... I just really love my job too, and I don't even have much time for myself because of it, how would I give her time then? I'm scared that someday, I have to choose between them,"

"I understand, Shua, but... not that I'm blaming you, but do you even know the trouble it caused?" Wonwoo sighed.

"I've been gone for days just to make sure she'll eat on time and get rid of her greasy hair by showering. That person I like might've been thinking that I'm avoiding him because every time we'll meet, Yu-ri will call me all of a sudden, and it no longer looks like a coincidence,"

"My work is piled up that I have to call Minghao from his leave for China just to cover up for me,"

"Shua, she liked you for years, do you really think she'd get mad over your dream?"